PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Assembly Help Quick!

Raidra
12-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, I'm glad I tried putting this thing together earlier tonight rather than right before bed..

We got a Kettler Happy. It came with some assembly done beforehand, but not all. The seat was attached, along with another piece. The problem is, when I try to install the pushbar and seatbelt, I can't get at the holes because the seat is in the way. The instructions say not to undo any of the lockbolts because it ruins them. How am I supposed to install the pushbar and seatbelt if I can't take the seat off?

I'm so upset.. I really wanted Colwyn to be able to ride it tomorrow.. I had been begging my husband to let me put it together sooner in case we were missing parts or something, and this is what I get for listening to him.. :(

darby24
12-24-2004, 10:13 PM
I understand that you're not suppose to take the lockbolts off, but isn't the seat adjustable on the Happy? So then you would have to undo the lockbolts to move the position of the seat, right? I've not seen a Happy in person, but have seen the Navigator which I think is the same seat base.

Our Jumbo came with the seat off, I had put it on (loosely tightened the lockbolts) but I did take it off to put on the pushbar (found one in a local store and caved to the pressure to buy it!) No problem putting the seat back on.

Not much help, but I would think the lockbolts would hold if you moved them. At the least for tomorrow.

I assembled our Jumbo a few weeks ago and have had a terrible time keeping it hidden from my nephew and my sister! They've just left my place so I can finally get it out of my bedroom!

jec2
12-25-2004, 02:49 AM
Rachel,

I don't know about the happy, but DH just put ours together (the Jumbo) and once he got the seat on, he did have to take it back off to put the push-bar on). I hope you figure it out. Ooh, it's so exciting, I am sure Colwyn will be thrilled!

Raidra
12-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys! The Happy does have an adjustable seat, so I hope that I can remove the bolts without ruining them. We did, anyhow, and it still seams sturdy enough. It was the first thing Colwyn saw this morning, and he loved it! We're going to take him outside for a ride after his nap. :)