PDA

View Full Version : Little People Storage

Buffys Mommy
12-25-2004, 01:31 PM
I've realized this morning I went WAY overboard on Little People for Sarah. She got the Noah's Ark, the Playground, the Christmas set, and a few others.

How do you all store these things. I was thinking about putting people in one bin and "accessories" in another. Any better ideas?

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

]http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

jennifer13
12-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi there,

I don't know about storage, but as owner of several little people sets I would offer you this one thought: you may want to put some away and just begin with one or two. My daughter loves the playground, it's her favorite toy, but when I've introduced too many others it gets a little overwhelming for her, but it could just be her attention span, obviously you know your child best. Anyway, just a thought about gradually introducing them. I'm afraid we don't have ours well stored, just in one corner of the family room.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
Surprise #2 EDD 3/16/05

Raidra
12-25-2004, 02:54 PM
We have several sets, too. He got a bunch for his birthday in October and a bunch for Xmas.

We have the airport, garage, train, and castle set up in his bedroom. I'm the type that likes it all set up and not in bins, so I'm forever picking up after Colwyn. When we get our playroom set up, I plan on biting the bullet and putting everything into bins. He never seems to care if the knight is driving the tow truck, so I probably shouldn't either. :) We have one of those shelves with bins, so I'll probably put people in one bin, animals in another, and the rest of the accessories in yet another.

He got the ark, village, fire station, stable, and Kohl's animal set for Xmas, and none are open yet. I think I may put the ones in his room away for now so he can play with the new ones. Again, once we have a playroom, I'll probably be able to take them all out.

sarsah
12-25-2004, 03:40 PM
My oldest is 4 1/2, so we have quite a collection of Little People, not to mention how many sets I still have in my closet that I haven't given to them. Both my kids love it (the other day they had most of the piece out and DS#1 had set up a 'town' using the playmat you can order (should be a mail-in form in the box).

I keep the people, cars, animals, fences, furniture, etc. (all the pieces) in a basket and the larger pieces (ark, garage, house, etc.) on the shelf. Personally, I would rather keep the pieces that go with each set with the set, but that is a clean-up nightmere -- so much easier to just dump all the pieces in a basket/bin. My kids don't care if the cow is driving the truck and the person is in the cage <lol>, so it doesn't really matter to them if the pieces are sepearted by set.

Sarah........mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

suribear
12-25-2004, 05:25 PM
After four years of Little People, I find it's easiest to keep all the people and "bits" in one container and keep the structures out. That way they mix and match to their hearts desire, like the cat riding the roller coaster ;) I actually think it's better that way, to encourage more creativity with the sets.

Kris

colleenfs
12-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Yes, I agree! We do the exact same thing. I think I may have to move some of the sets up to Julia's room by the time her sibling arrives this summer. There's no room for any more toys!!

I have to ask, where did you get a cat?! We have a few doggies, but I have never seen a cat...

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/e3y/1.png

Kimberly H
12-25-2004, 08:01 PM
There's a cat in one of the little clear backpacks they have at Target. 2 People, a car, and either a dog or cat. I think the Circus Train has a cat too, but I'm not sure.

Mommaof2
12-25-2004, 09:30 PM
I put the x-mas stuff up with the decorations and pull it out as a holiday treat. I leave the rest set up with the pieces that came with them. I have them set up in different rooms and always "ready to play", the house and barn are open, etc. I find that if it's closed and the pieces are in a bin she doesn't play with it.

Momof3Labs
12-25-2004, 09:38 PM
I found it too time consuming to keep the pieces organized in any fashion (people in one bin and accessories in another), so I also just keep out the structures and all the smaller pieces and vehicles go in one bin.

But when Colin got some Little People last Christmas (when he was just over a year old, like your DD), he wasn't ready for the structures. So we kept out a few animals and a few vehicles. It wasn't until this summer that he really got into playing with the structures and the sets.

suribear
12-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Hmmmmm.... I think the cat came with the house????

Kris

ctl
12-28-2004, 12:47 AM
We also have a lot of little people and in the beginning i was neurotic about keeping all the parts for each set with the right set. After a while (and an accumulation of more LP) i realized it was my own ridiculous obssession - my daughter loves to mix and match. So i found these great mesh bins with handles at the container store- theyre great for orgnizing/storag and you can carry them around a house, room etc if you need. They also look very neat and are pretty inexpensive. i have them now in many rooms.

btw- there is a lion/cat-looking animal that comes with the circus (my daughter's absolute favorite LP so far).

LucyG
12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
We have a cat that came with a 4th of July set. The set has Sonya Lee and an ice cream stand, and then a gray cat and a tricycle. I think I got it at Kohl's. We also have an orange tabby LP cat that I got with some other random LP at a yard sale. I think it's from a vet set.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

Vajrastorm
12-29-2004, 12:25 AM
I do it exactly the same way - big pieces on a shelf, Little People and small pieces in a basket.

22tango
12-30-2004, 10:14 PM
FYI: There is a "Pet Shop" that comes with a cat, dog, parrot & girl.