PDA

View Full Version : ? for MaMas of boys with LEGOs

redhookmom
12-26-2004, 06:15 PM
My son received his first LEGO sets for Christmas and he really likes them. He recieved one big bucket and 2 "sets." How do you organize these things? Do you go crazy trying to keep the sets seperate? Do you keep the original boxes to put them in? Or, do your children just like to keep the sets intact instead of breaking them apart?
TIA

toomanystrollers
12-26-2004, 10:47 PM
All of our legos are mixed up. I keep the duplos in one rubbermaid box and the regular legos in another :)

jubilee
12-27-2004, 02:43 AM
Duplos and Legos are SO awesome. My oldest is just outgrowing them and my youngest is just growing into them! My oldest has dozens of sets and buckets. Some sets like the Harry Potter ones and the NASA ones, he does keep separate. When he would play with them, all the other Legos would be picked up and away. But other smaller sets like the car sets or people sets, he puts them in one of the "bucket of legos". We do try to keep the idea books (that show what to build with the legos) nice. They go in a special area and he had to ask for the books when he was younger. If you do keep the lego sets separate, I suggest reinforcing the boxes with clear packing tape. I would seal one side and then put a few bands of tape around the box to help prevent rips. Most of my son's sets look fairly new despite years of constant use. And all of this applies to his K'Nex sets as well. If you haven't gotten any K'Nex yet, just wait, they too will take over your house!

lerlerler
12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Huh, why wouldn't MaMas of girls have advice? ;)