PDA

View Full Version : What Kettler do you have any why did you choose it?

new_mommy25
12-26-2004, 07:24 PM
DS got a lot of Christmas money and I want to buy him a Kettler. I've read all the old threads and visited a million websites and I still can't decide!!

I'm up between the Air Jumbo and the Navigator. It's so hard!

vikivoly
12-27-2004, 12:01 AM
We have the Air Jumbo. We chose the Air because we use it mostly on rough terrain (gravel driveway, grass, etc.). We purchased it during the first Kettler sale, and the Navigator wasn't available at that time or we probably would have chosen it.

darby24
12-27-2004, 01:17 AM
My final deciding factor between the Jumbo and Navigator was the seat. My nephew sat on a Navigator and he hardly had any room (2 1/2 year old, 33lbs and 39"). Of course I still had to choose between the Jumbo or Air Jumbo.

Ultimately I picked the regular Jumbo. Of course looking back I really wish I had gotten the Air Jumbo, but it was just a little too rich for my blood. Not sure on how much air tires would help in our situation but I'll admit it, I like the look of the Air Jumbo better!

Adorable Christmas pictures by the way. It's nice to see that another kid smells plants!

jubilee
12-27-2004, 02:33 AM
I got DS the Kettler by One Step Ahead- it's a model only they sell. I picked what features were important to me- steering lock, peddels-don't-spin mode, dump bucket, and push bar. The Kettler Limited Edition by One Step Ahead has all that for one price. I preferred the fitted seat also (OSA has it), but it wasn't a deal breaker. But best of all was the price. I needed the Kettler on a beer budget! The shipping was only about $12. I do wish it had the air tires, but it wasn't a big deal.

new_mommy25
12-27-2004, 04:28 AM
LOL, DS is obsessed in smelling flowers. (Everything is a flower to him). It started with those books that make you smell the flowers (like Pat the Bunny) and it extended in to real life. He loves to take walks and smell everything along the way- even the neighbors weeds!

I know I want air tires for sure. We walk to the park a lot and I think they will help a lot going over the grass.

new_mommy25
12-27-2004, 04:31 AM
That's a great price at OSA. It's back ordered right now though :(

icunurse
12-27-2004, 08:20 PM
We decided on a Navigator, mainly because we didn't think that we needed air tires (though now the Air Navigator is available), we liked the shape of the frame (S-shape is easier for a smaller child to get in/out, you can add the tandem seat), and liked the ease of the steering bar. Target had them with free shipping and you were able to use a 10% off code....but many are now on backorder and the free shipping has ended for now.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~