PDA

View Full Version : more Thomas questions

lfp2n
12-27-2004, 02:02 PM
I got DD the Conductor Figure of 8 set for Christmas, she loves it but the trains keep coming off because the curves are so tight. DH (who has spent a lot of time playing with this and reliving his Brio childhood) thinks we need more straights for DD at the moment. Which are usually cheaper Thomas straights or Brio, anyone seen any good deals on them?
Also in the store they had bins of loose track pieces which weren't Thomas or Brio, they were 99c-$1.99 depending on size, they said they were Brio compatible, do you think these knockoff pieces work so well.
I have to say its a little mindboggling how much all this stuff costs once you start looking at individual pieces.

Lucy DD 3/03

Momof3Labs
12-27-2004, 04:47 PM
It is much cheaper to buy packages than individual pieces if you are buying the Thomas or Brio, so I'd go with the generic stuff if you just want a few pieces for now.

new_mommy25
12-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Ross had a ton of wooden train tracks a few weeks ago. Of course everything was probably picked pretty bare due to Christmas.

McQ
12-30-2004, 01:16 PM
We have this problem too. I even have trouble on some of the tight curves. We've found it easier to remove the tenders from the line up and then the cars ride better.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04