PDA

View Full Version : Play yards

gordo
12-28-2004, 10:05 AM
I am a first time mom-to-be and got the biggest headache trying to register the other day! Too many choices for every item!!! Anyway, we were looking at the pack n plays. Is it better to get the bigger ones with the diaper changing attachment, or is a smaller travel crib good enough? We plan on using this mostly when visiting our parents or when our families take the baby overnight.

Mommaof2
12-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Go bigger. That way when you travel with your two yr old they can still fit. My daughter is only 50% in height and at 2.5 she is way to big to sleep comfortably in it. I have the standard size one, I also bought the cheap matress to go in it $20, and I find it allowed her to be more comfortable. More comfort results in sleeping better and longer when not at home. You'll also find it handy for when friends come over for dinner etc and they want to put their baby down.

We never used it as a play yard, even now with a 2nd I haven't found that need since my 2.5 yr old isn't allowed small toys. I know it comes in handy if you have older children with lego pieces around and stuff.

anamika
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi,
We just bought the Graco Pack and play Dreamer and I love, love, love it. I only wish I had bought it earlier. It has a full size bassinet and a diaper changing station (table + place to keep dipes and wipes). We use it downstairs and it's so handy. I believe the full size bassinet pad can just be removed and put at the bottom of the playard when the baby is too big for the bassinet feature. I think this is worth the $20 or 30 extra dollars over from a 3/4 bassinet (which the baby would outgrow much fater too).
Also, I just stuck the arches from our activity gym over the ends of the playard and she just loves to lie there and bat at her toys.
HTH,

Emmas Mom
12-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread but where did you get the matress for the PNP??

vikivoly
12-28-2004, 10:41 PM
I agree with the PP, get a bigger one because they grow out of the small ones very quick. If you are sure you'll only use it for travel, then I think it would be ok to skip all of the attachments, but you may use it more than you think. Many parents set theirs up in the livingroom to avoid trips up and down the steps.