PDA

View Full Version : Best High Chair....need advice

MrsZaz
12-29-2004, 05:30 PM
My son will probable start solids next month. We need to get a high chair but don't know what kind to buy. With our first we borrowed an evenflow from a friend. Hubby didn't like it because he thought it was to big and the baby was 'lost' in it.
Any suggestions? I'd like one with wheels if that's an option.

Thanks
Colleen

shannonG
12-30-2004, 02:25 AM
We have the Baby Trend high chair from BRU. My son is 6 months old now and has been sitting in it since he was 3 months old. We like it because it looks fairly nice and isn't one of those chairs that our baby can get lost in!! The trays on some of them don't pull up close enough, and in some of them your baby may be sitting too low...like the tray is level to baby's eyes!! Ours is blue plad...it has a few height adjustments, three position recline (I loved that for when he was smaller), 3 pt. harness, removable tray top for the dishwasher, WHEELS, and it folds up nicely!! The only problem is that the cover is cloth. Some see that as a disadvantage. I really don't care. It can be washed and under it is a plastic pad...so it's not like you can't use the chair when the cover is being washed. I haven't had to machine wash it yet...Nathan is just starting to use the chair for meals and so far I've been able to keep it clean by wiping it up with a wash cloth. I would give this chair a 5 out of 5 stars!! I prefer the cloth, I think it's more comfortable for him anyway!! Good luck. I'm not sure if they have replaced this model with a newer one...I got it May 2004. Check BRU!

kijip
12-30-2004, 02:28 PM
I think the FP Healthy Care Chair (the deluxe one has wheels) would be good for you. We used ours from 5 months without any problems. It is very cosy.

HHCs Mom
12-30-2004, 04:14 PM
We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care high chair and it works great! Got it at TRU but you can get them at Target, Wal Mart, etc.

Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04