PDA

View Full Version : Highchair advice for a toddler-Help!

heidi_timms
12-30-2004, 01:33 PM
The past few days, my DD has thrown a fit (bucking back/tantrum) when I put her in her high chair. She is clearly hungry, but she wants to eat at her little table and chairs for her. We can't let her eat messy food there because it's in our living room on the carpet. There is no room to put the table and chairs in the dining area because there is no room. She is 20 months old and needs to be strapped in. Will she go back in her highchair? Do I try and force her? Anyone experience this? Do I get a booster with a strap or do I need a Kinderzeat? I really don't want to spend the money for a kinderzeat...

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

kensjen
12-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Well, we had to get the kinderzeat. DS just didn't want to be in that high chair anymore. Now I wish we would have had it longer, he loves to sit up at the table with us, and it has helped us to eat together as a family. I had been planning on getting one though, so it was kinda in the budget. I totally understand not wanting to spend that kind of money. Maybe the booster will help, I am sure someone will know a good one to recommend. The one we had slipped around too much, I just couldn't get a good fit. I never felt like he was secure in it.
She is just entering that phase of wanting something else and trying to get it(as is my DS). The bucking back thing is starting to get on my nerves! ;) I have found when I ignore it he gets over it a bit quicker. I know that is really no help when you are talking about meals.
It is cute that she loves her little table, and wants to eat at it. :) She just doesn't want it to be a "play" table, she wants to really use it! Hope you find something that works for you!

Momof3Labs
12-30-2004, 02:29 PM
When Colin hit that stage, we got a strap-on booster seat. About 4 months later, we bought a Kinderzeat and love it!! But the strap-on booster worked well, too, and we could pull Colin right up to the table with us.

JElaineB
12-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Jacob rebelled against the high chair around 18 or 19 months. We have been using a strap-on booster chair (Fisher Price Healthy Care booster, though I'm sure any brand is fine) ever since with no problems.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02