PDA

View Full Version : Sanitizing toys?

anamika
12-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi,
My DD is now at the stage where she's trying to put things in her mouth. She pulled on the Lamaze clutch cube and started chewing on the handle when she was alone in the crib - it was the cutest thing! Could she be teething so early (12 1/2 weeks)?
Anyway, the basic (dumb) question was how do you disinfect toys? Antibacterial wipes? Soap and water?
TIA,

Lenox12
12-30-2004, 07:50 PM
I have two ways I disinfect my DD toys. If she is well and has not spit up or anything on them I just take a wet rag to them. But if she is or has been sick I use the antibacterial wipes or lightly spray Lysol on the stuff animals and wait awhile before giving it back to her.

JFC
12-30-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm a big fan of the Pamper's cleaning spray (not sure the exact name, but they sell it at BRU and Target-type stores). It is easy, easy, easy. Also, I've found a lot of the plastic teething toys can go in the top rack of the dishwasher - again easy!

If we've had a lot of kids over to play then I use a solution of bleach (10%) and water - this is what my ped. recommended and said that most daycare programs use. I mix it in a small spray bottle, spray the toys and let them air dry.

HTH.