PDA

View Full Version : Kettler trike - which one?

kaismommy
12-31-2004, 02:18 PM
I know there are many many threads on this topic, but we still can't make up our mind! My DH and I have both spent hours reading posts, reviews and looking at prices. I would love any additional opinions/advice. Here is our situation: we want to get a Kettler for our very active son's first birthday. We are trying to decide between the navigator, jumbo and happy and between air tires and regular.
We've tried out the air jumbo at the store and he loved being pushed around on it. He is a little on the small side so I don't want to get a frame that will prohibit him from pedaling (when he is ready) because he is too short. Then again, I like the wide seat. But, I've also heard that it is harder to pedal the jumbo because it is so low to the ground. Has anyone experienced this?
As for the air tires, we are really torn. He will be riding on uneven sidewalks and lots of grass at the park so I like the idea of a smoother ride. On the other hand, I read the posts about the maintence problems with the air tires. Maybe I've done too much research!
Anyway, I would be so grateful to anyone who has any opinions. Thanks!

-Maya
Mom to Kai 2/1/04