PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Touch Baby Papasan Swing?

amyck1
12-31-2004, 03:32 PM
I registered for this swing -- I loved that it goes side-to-side as well as front-to-back and it looked soooo comfy. However, I haven't seen any reviews on it yet. Anyone own it? How is it working out? How big a baby can fit in it?

(NOTE: I know someone asked back in August about this swing, but no one who answered seemed to have actually tried it yet!)

Thanks so much!!

-- Amy

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
12-31-2004, 03:42 PM
I have this swing - haven't used it yet (I'm due in 3 wks). But there are lots of reviews on it on babiesrus.com.

Jen516
01-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I have this swing and LOVE IT! I originally got the Ocean Wonders swing and returned it for this one. My son is a big boy and fits fine in it (but he is only 2 months old) and he really loves being in it. It is very comfy and craddles him very nicely. I would highly recommend it, plus, it looks nice in my house (at least nicer than some of the other models)

I know it has been very, very, popular and hard to find at Babies R Us. BTW, they are the only retailer to carry it.

Good luck!

ipek
01-26-2005, 11:30 AM
I want to get this swing too, but my DH is concerned that he might bump the baby's head to the piece over the swing as he gets him in and out of the swing! He thinks it might be better to get the open top ones for this reason, but I haven't heard anyone complain about this so far. Could that really be an issue?

Melanie
01-27-2005, 05:55 PM
I used to bump Ds' head putting him in to his FP cradle swing, but I think that's why they had soft stuff hanging at the top. LOL. He loved the side-to-side so much that it was worth the extra difficulty getting him in.

To those who have newer models (ocean or nature) how much NOISE does it make? Is it a rather loud white noise when it's on? I always wondered if ours was defective or these things were just noisy.

HannaAddict
01-28-2005, 03:04 AM
We loved, loved, loved our regular Papasan and my SIL has this swing. It looked great, her baby was happy as a clam sitting in it while we talked and she slept in it too while we were visiting. It was quiet, I don't remember it making any noise (I wasn't listening for noise, but nothing jumped out at me). If they had it when we needed a swing, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Our son didn't like the traditional swing, but loved his Papasan and this swing has the best of both worlds.

Good luck finding one.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
01-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Just wanted to update - My baby is now 2 wks old and she loves this swing. It is very comfortable and soothing for her. It makes a very faint clicking sound, but nothing anoying. Also the music is pleasant, as are the nature sounds. Everyone comments on how comfy it looks and she really does look all snuggled up in there! I definitely recommend it!

smilequeen
01-28-2005, 06:45 PM
We have it too and we love it. Simon loves to nap in there, but he also loves to stare at himself in the little mirror on the mobile. It's quiet and the music is great. He's 9 weeks, so we're still using the cradle motion.

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-29-2005, 11:44 PM
In fact I think with the exception of clothes and cloth diapers it is the only item we are getting for the new baby!!!!

I don't like alot of color and plastic on my baby things IF they are going to be used in the main part of the house...they are not my decor!!!! So this highly appeals to me...

I refuse to spend $1 at babys R us though so I need a better source...

Thanks for posting about it!!!

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

daniele_ut
01-30-2005, 03:37 PM
We would have gotten this too if we had space for a full size swing!

Neve - the Fisher Price website says that it is a BRU exclusive :(

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-30-2005, 05:13 PM
that is why I have yet to see it then!!!!
Thank you for telling me that for I would have searched and searched, I know Target carries the papasan vibrating thing (name escapes me right now)...so I wondered why they didn't have the swing...

Darn it I guess I will have to spend some money there then...I am so anti BRU, they have you fill out all of this info like they are going to send you coupons etc... they are laughing all the way to the bank I have no doubt!!!!...I don't find that they give back what they should...

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

Saartje
01-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Just so you know, Neve... I'm sure you already do know this, but I thought I'd speak up JIC... You don't actually have to fill out any information at BRU. "Telephone number, area code first?" "Sorry, I don't give out that information." etc. They really can't require it, they just ask for it so it looks like it's required.