PDA

View Full Version : Baby DVD's - Which are the best?

jennifer_r
12-31-2004, 04:31 PM
My 4.5 month old DD loves Baby Mozart and Signing Times, vol 1 and I'd like to get her a couple more DVDs. Of the Einstein DVDs, which other ones do you recommend? Also, I know there are lots of other brands of DVDs such as Brainy Baby. Are they better and of those, which specific DVDs do you recommend?

I think I am going to purchase "ZenBaby" - got high ratings on Amazon, appears calming and gentle, and seems to blend music with nature. Does anyone have any comments about this DVD?

Finally, regarding Signing Times, I think that I'll hold off on getting her another one for awhile since I don't want to bombard her with too many signs. Is that good logic or would it be better to get her the vol 2 & 3 soon?

I actually want her to have only a handful of DVDs and am going for quality. Don't want her watching too much T.V.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

Joshuasmommy
12-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Neighborhood Animals and Baby Mozart were my sons two favorite Baby Einstein DVDs.

JuJuE
12-31-2004, 05:08 PM
My littlest one prefers Baby Mozart and Baby Neptune.

Mommaof2
01-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Any of the B.E. with real animals will last for years. My 2.5 yr olds still will watch those

whittyanne
01-01-2005, 06:12 PM
What about getting the other two Signing Time DVDs? We have Brainy Baby and DS never really liked it. Also have Baby Neptune and he hasn't shown as much interest in that as Baby Mozart. Santa brought Baby Galileo so we'll see how that is... we've also seen the BE Neighborhood Animals one and that seems great...

brigmaman
01-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Before I read your post I was going to suggest the Zenbaby video. I even relax when it's on!

jennifer_r
01-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the input so far. I'm glad to hear that another poster liked ZenBaby so we'll definitely get that one. What is the format of the B.E. with animals - is it like B.Mozart instead of toys, animals are shown? What kind of music? DD loves music - she was kicking her legs like crazy when we watched Sound of Music.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

kfcboston
01-04-2005, 01:39 PM
My DS loved Baby Mozart, and his all time fave is now Baby Neptune, in keeping with his obsession with all things water. Baby Neptune is pretty basic like Mozart, although it does have some puppet sketches in it. But no speaking from an adult - just the occasional word of phrase from a child like "ocean", "beach", "rivers & lakes", etc. I think Neptune has great music too.

We have Baby MacDonald and Baby Noah now too, and I'd say those might be little advanced for your DD? There's more of a teaching aspect with the different animals in Noah - even my DS starts to get a little squirmy sometimes. MacDonald is better but still has puppet sketches...... it's more like Neptune, but with farm animals, machines and scenes. I like the music in Neptune best of these 3 DVDs.

Good luck!

lisak
01-05-2005, 05:13 PM
My son loves Baby Van Gogh, Neighborhood Animals, Baby Neptune, World Animals and Baby Noah. I know some of the Baby Einsteins are more advanced than others ie. Language Nursery.

He also likes the Sesame Street 25th Anniversary DVD.

HTH!

hapahaolegirl
01-05-2005, 06:04 PM
My DD (4 months old) loves the Language Nursery Baby Einstein video! She seems to like all of the Einstein videos for her age right now (we have a set) but she gets really excited and talks to the Language Nursery one the most.

Good luck!

Kristen

thepeachmama
01-05-2005, 07:26 PM
I have to jump on board and say that my 13 month old LOVES Baby Neptune ... especially the video aquarium, which is just pretty much what it sounds like, a video of fish swimming around in a large aquarium, but with music in the background. I also don't want her watching too much TV, but this seem to relax her in just a few minutes, and then I turn it off.

Enjoy!
Jennifer