PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Learning Tower...

boys2enough
12-31-2004, 06:39 PM
I know I only have about oh, 6 hours, to place my order to get the good price. But I know that I am risking my marriage to even consider buying this... ;-)

Thank you Veronica for brining my attention to this product since I am getting really tired of holding my 2+ year-old boy while cooking etc. He also will not sit down at the dinner table: eventually I lost the battle and simply let him stand on the chair while we all are nervous about him falling off. Yeah, great way to have a relaxed meal. lol

Was it difficult at all to assemble this? I thought I should find out before it shows up at my house. DH will be more than POed if it is difficult to put together.

Thank you very much in advance.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

p.s. Pam, I know you are laughing. Yes, I "took the bait." :)

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

westchicagomom
12-31-2004, 08:42 PM
Ummmm smiling, not laughing...:D I will only laugh if you buy the amazon storage bin too!

Before ordering I did a little research here and AugustMom said it took her about 45 minutes to put together. She had a few problems where the holes weren't matching up or something, but overall she said it wasn't too bad.

Hurry hurry hurry!

kalebsmama
12-31-2004, 10:06 PM
I can't remember how long it took, but it wasn't that hard. It arrived before my DH got home from work and I couldn't wait to put it together. I think that I had it done before he came home and that was even with DS's "help"!!

Hurry and get it! We love it - DH told me to order it the day that DS fell off a chair while he was standing at the kitchen counter.

boys2enough
01-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Thank you, Pam and Jan,

For your quick reply and for your "moral support"... Unfortunately DH absolutely positively vetoed this idea... :-( Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I have 4 strollers sitting in the garage that are rarely used nowadays and the fact that I have bought too many diaper bags that I am not really using... lol.

I really really like the idea though. Today while I was cooking lunch, DS2 was standing on a chair and playing with his LT Coffee Maker (which btw is adorable and fun) on the kitchen counter. I so wish that we had something like the Learning Tower. Oh, well. I will buy something else that I can hide easily instead. JK!

BTW, I went back to the Heirloomwoodtoys (?) store 4 am this morning (long story) and saw that, indeed, they've changed the price.

Wish you a Happy New Year!!!! :)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

Corie
01-01-2005, 04:42 PM
What is a Learning Tower? And, Where can one be purchased?

Did I already miss this incredible deal ??

I have no idea what the Learning Tower is but I feel strongly
that I must have one!! :)

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Corie

new_mommy25
01-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Corie, here is a link to one store that carries the Learning Tower.
http://www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/product/G97270

Mommaof2
01-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I was really considering the tower and bought the wooden two step stool from Target (don't get the white it chips really bad). It even has storage under the top step, we store her apron in it. My daughter is 2.5 and only 50% for height and it's plenty tall enough for her to make cookies and "help" at our bar. The best thing is it's too heavy for her to pick up and carry around to get into places she shouldn't. It's also small enough that it doesn't get in my way. I love having a handy step stool to get up into my top shelves. She's only fallen off once and since it's not "that" high it wasn't that big a deal. It seems a LOT more staple than a chair and at a fraction of the space and cost of the tower. We have two, kitchen and bathroom. I had 4 little girls over for a x-mas cookie baking date and the two who used the step stools seemed just as happy as the 2 girls on the chairs. No one feel off any and they were all 2.5.

Hope this makes you feel better about not getting to buy the tower. I bought the stool as a last ditch effort to talk myself into the tower and am pleasantly surprised it's working out so well.

kijip
01-01-2005, 09:16 PM
If you really want it maybe sell 1 or 2 of the strollers and some of the diaper bags?

It looks really cool, I just don't have space to add anything in my kitchen! We have been doing fine with just a kitchen chair and Toby is only 18 months old.