PDA

View Full Version : Any good ELMO videos?

jubilee
01-02-2005, 02:37 AM
My DS got 2 Elmo videos for Christmas- and after watching the 1st one we are scared to open the 2nd one! The bad one was Elmo's "Kids Favorite Songs #2"... it was painful to watch. The unopened one is "Elmo's World: Babies, Dogs, and More". Is this one good- or should I try to exchange it? Which Elmo videos are good?

westchicagomom
01-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the warning. My sister gave DD the "bad one" for Xmas saying it was her DD's favorite.

We have Elmo's World, The Street I live On (or something like that). I think my DH is the only one of the 3 of us who likes it and he doesn't even like Elmo.

Kimberly H
01-02-2005, 07:14 AM
We're watching the 35th anniversary video "The Street I Live On" right now, with DD dancing to "Doing the Snuffleupagus".

I much prefer the 25th Anniversary video, 35th Anniversary video and the Elmo's World episodes to any other.

ktdid74
01-02-2005, 07:46 AM
We have the Babies, Dogs and More (and several others) and my kids love them. I don't think they're too awful and I don't really love Elmo. We have Kids Fav songs #1 and #2 on CD and they both love the music. I can only hear it in small doses :)

egoldber
01-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, DD also loves Kids Fav Songs #2. I think Elmo is annoying in general, but she likes him, so whatever. All the Elmo's World videos are pretty similar, they are exactly the Elmo's World sketches from Sesame Street. So if you don't mind Elmo's world in general, you should be OK.

I happen to like Sesame Street's 25th Anniversary video, its much more Sesame Street and much less Elmo. And Elmopalooza (despite the name) is pretty minimal on the Elmo.

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
01-02-2005, 11:22 AM
We love Kids Favorite Songs #2!!

We have two of the Elmo's World DVDs and they are just like the segments from Sesame Street. She likes those two, but I prefer the Kids Favorite Songs. :)

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

lisams
01-02-2005, 11:25 AM
We love Kids Favortie Songs (both the #1 and #2). It's the Elmo's World ones that I cannot stand. We also love the anniversary ones.

Lisa

brubeck
01-02-2005, 12:21 PM
The Best of Elmo is good. It's basically Sesame Street segments that had Elmo in them (most of them are about 10-20 years old).

We also like the 25th anniversary special, and my kids love Elmo Visits the Firehouse, but then they're into firefighters.

Karenn
01-02-2005, 01:07 PM
We have "Babies Dogs and More" and Colin loves it. I haven't seen any of the others, so I can't compare, but I don't find it to be too annoying.

betsydenny
01-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I love this video. We own more Elmo that I care to count and this is the one I can watch over and over again (oh and DD loves it too) Grouchland has all the good songs- C is for Cookie, I love Trash, Rubber Ducky.

We have a bunch of hte regular Elmo's world which is bascially just 3 of the regular Sesame Street episodes back to back. That is fine but I much prefer Grouchland. Also have the firefighter one but DD isnt quite old enough for that yet.

Hope you like it as much as we do!