PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Eddie Bauer wooden high chair?

JILLYH
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm in the process of putting a few last things on our baby registry and we are trying to decide on a high chair. I know Baby Bargains highly recommends the Fisher Price high chairs, but I'm not crazy about the look of them and would prefer a wooden chair. Does anyone have any feedback on the Eddie Bauer wooden high chair with the plastic tray? I know that it doesn't have the conveniences of the reclining positions, etc, but because I'm a first time mom, I don't know how essential those types of features really are.

Does anyone out there have the EB chair? How do you like it? Has it served your needs?

Any feedback would be most appreciated! Thanks!
Jill

First baby, a girl, Jane Katherine, due 1/13/05!

crl
01-02-2005, 08:18 PM
We have the EB chair and really like it. It is quite sturdy and looks good, important because you can see if from our front door. We adopted ds at 14 months though so I can't comment on how it works for a younger baby.

Canna
01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
If you look at it on Amazon.com, there are 48 reviews and most of them are quite positive.

We registered for it also, although now we are thinking of skipping the high chair altogether and just getting a booster-seat type of thing.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000CAOOM/qid=1104716058/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-8452973-0808057?v=glance&s=baby&n=507846

melonkelli
01-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Jill,

I reviewed the chair earlier this year:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=23736&mesg_id=23736&listing_type=search

kelli

JILLYH
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Thank you all so much for your posts. I appreciate it!

Jill

hellosmiletoday
01-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Thus far, I have been quite happy with the Eddie Bauer high chair. I purchased it in October with a BRU 15% coupon, so the price was great for what you get.

I started using it when DD was about 6-6.5 months. DH assembled it very quickly, although the box is very large so we had to take it out of the box to fit it into our midsize car. Since there is no recline, DD did not sit up well until about 6.5 months. However, I do not believe that the lack of recline is a major problem because there was a very short interval (few weeks to a month) between the time we started solids and used the high chair. In the meantime I used my lap, the swing, or the bouncer for feeding DD. Since DD is small for her age, when we first started using it her mouth was at the perfect distance for munching on the tray! There is plenty of room for growth so I forsee that we will use it for a LONG time!

First of all, the chair looks great...I get lots of compliments! It is also very sturdy and compact when compared to the plastic chairs. Although it doesnt have wheels, it can still be moved around easily. The tray is easy to use and clean. I put a receiving blanket over the chair to avoid frequent washing of the fabric. The only problem I have encountered is that the 3 pt restraint system is odd and difficult to use. Also, if you do not remove the tray prior to picking up DC, you have to be careful that DC does not hit her legs with the tray.

In conclusion, I highly recommend the chair. I think the price is great when compared to the alternatives. It is only about $10 more than the plastic ones, and $70 cheaper than the enormous Peg Perego (which is way overpriced in my opinion).

You may want to consider waiting a bit before buying it since you wont need it for another 6 months or so, just in case you dont like it (although I doubt you will), or it is defective. BRU only has a 90 day cash back return policy.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

justinsmom
01-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure about the wooden Eddie Bauer high chair-We have the Primma Poppa Peg Perego, the white leatherette and absolutely love it. It has 2 trays that stack on top of one another- which is so nice because when the baby is done eating all you do is take off the top tray and underneath is a fresh clean one. It also has a basket underneath the seat, I use it to hold bibs and toys. The chair is on wheels and also reclines. Because it's plastic, I can use soft scrub with bleach on it and it stays looking nice most of the time. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Karen