PDA

View Full Version : Best price for a pack n' play?? Should I just go get one...

aliceinwonderland
01-05-2005, 11:20 AM
...without worrying too much abut it?
We never had a PnP, but Erik needs one to sleep in at the sitter's.

Many thanks!

Puddy73
01-05-2005, 11:35 AM
We just bought a cheapo Graco PnP at Wal-Mart for DD to use at the sitters. If I remember correctly it was about $40. Our local baby store (no BRU, unfortunately) only had fancier models with special features like a changing table, which we did not need.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

dawell0
01-05-2005, 11:56 AM
I've seen simple ones on sale for $40 as stated by the PP. If you don't want the changing table, toys, or bassinet, I think that you should just get the basic one. Actually, the resale shop wanted almost as much for the PnP as did Walmart when I checked. BRU did not have the simple model at our local store.

hapahaolegirl
01-05-2005, 06:09 PM
I have a PnP and love it! For the first two months we used it next to our bed. I have one with the 3/4 bassinet. After two months I put our DD in her crib or she will co-sleep with us. However now I use the PnP as a changing table since it comes with one which sits on top. I use the basinett part to store her diapers, wipes, extra clothes, and receiving blankets. I keep it in the living room so it's close by. It's by far the most used piece of baby equipment I have in our home.

Kristen

chlobo
01-05-2005, 07:45 PM
if you don't mind used try

www.craigslist.org and click on the city nearest you. People are always selling these things pretty cheaply.

If used bothers you I heard that Target is clearing out the current crop of graco stuff to make way for new patterns. You might be able to get a good bargain on a pnp there.

searchdog
01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
I got one at a garage sale for $5 this is at my moms house. I have also seen them advertised in our local newspaper for cheap also. Just a thought that you might check your classifieds also check Craigslist.org

sdbc
01-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Just get the cheapest one. No need for a bassinet or changing table. We have the Graco Jackpot one for daycare (it does have the bassinet, but DD hated it with the bassinet, and she outgrew the weight limit quickly).

If you do get used, take it out and smell it first. We got a used one at first, and it smelled musty. I would worry about DD getting a respirtatory infection. We threw that one out.

August Mom
01-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Awhile ago we were looking for a cheap one for MIL's house. Wal-Mart and Sears seemed to have the lowest prices at that point. Target and JC Penney were other possibilities.