PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe High Chair - Thoughts?

austenfan
01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi all! I am new here and am beginning the process of purchasing items for our daughter. We are adopting from China and I would like to purchase the items I need a little at a time.

I have looked at the Fishter Price Healthy Care Deluxe High Chair and am thinking about buying it. It has all the features I need and I really like the idea of having mulitple trays to put in the dishwasher. For those of you who have purchased these or know more about it, I was wondering what your thoughts were. What do you like? What do you not like? Do you reccomend something instead?

Thanks for your Help! :D
Amy C-S

searchdog
01-05-2005, 07:42 PM
We bought a healthy care high chair, but not the deluxe. The differences that I found were that the deluxe came with 3 trays, a head pillow thing, a basket on the side and two toys instead of just one.

I think we paid about $60 for ours and I love it so far. As far as the removable trays that go in the dishwasher we haven't used that feature yet as DD is only 7 months and has only been doing solids for a little over a month and doesn't self feed. If I feel like I need the extra trays I can order them from fisher price, the trays themselves are inexpensive I don't know what shipping would be. I don't like a lot of extra things around my house so I fear that if I get extra trays where will I store them?

So overall I love our FP Healthy Care Highchair. This is the one that we have.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19258.jpg

sdbc
01-05-2005, 07:57 PM
We did not get a high chair, and got the healthy care booster seat instead. We LOVE it. It doesn't take any extra space because it straps on to one of our dining room chairs, AND we can bring it with us to restaurants and to Grandma's. Oh, and it's cheaper, though that wasn't the deciding factor. We are thrilled with the decision and have never missed a "real" high chair. DD is almost 8 months now.

murpheyblue
01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
We have the Healthy Care Deluxe and love it. It's a great chair.

heidi_timms
01-05-2005, 09:22 PM
We have the Healthy Care Deluxe and we love it. There is not one thing that I don't like about it. The extra trays come in handy when finger foods come into play. I can fit all three trays in my dishwasher, which is great for a lazy/busy Mama!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

austenfan
01-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks to all that responded! I have a better idea of what I want now.

Amy C-S

HelenD
01-07-2005, 10:05 AM
We have the FP HCD high chair. Although I have nothing to compare it to, I do like it a lot.

BUT, don't expect the wheels to roll well all the time.

Don't use Jet Dry and the trays in the Dishwasher. It does cause them to warp. Of course, FP is very nice about sending you replacements, it's just nice to know ahead of time.

Things I like about this chair:

You can clean every part of it. And put it back pretty easily when you're done.

It folks up easily so it's relatively easy to take to Grandma's for Christmas dinner, etc.

Good luck!

H.

TaChapm
01-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I just bought this Monday for DS. I was so fed up with cleaning his piece of junk Graco chair. With #2 on the way I decided to go ahead and get it now. So far I love it. It is sooooo much easier to clean up than the Graco one. I wish it didn't have a fabric ruffle around it. Why anyone would put fabric on a highchair is beyond me. They must not have kids. Somehow Jackson has figured out how to get the main tray off. The releases are much easier to release than our Graco. I guess those are my only issues. Jackson will be in a booster soon so it isn't a big deal. Overall I am thrilled with the chair! :)
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
and Surprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png

betsydenny
01-08-2005, 08:15 AM
You are right about the ruffle. I cut ours off almost immediately! It was pretty easy to do and much easier to clean once it was gone.
We loved this highchair and have one at home adn one at Grandpas. I highly recommend it!

dules
01-08-2005, 03:24 PM
We got the basic one, no ruffle, for just this reason! The seat is easy to clean. My only complaint is that I don't think it's going to hold my 13 month old for all that long...but we'll probably move to a booster rather than buy another chair.

When we started looking I took her with me to BRU (she was around 6-7 months) and tried her in both this chair and the PP Primo Pappa. The PP just swallowed her up but she was nice and comfy, and at the appropriate height, in the FP.

Best of luck,

Mary

austenfan
01-09-2005, 11:29 AM
I didn't even think about the ruffle being hard to clean! Do you know how much it costs to buy extra trays? Where can you locate them? I went to the FP website and didn't see them there.

Thanks!!!!

Amy C-S

dules
01-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I think it's on the Mattel website...someone posted the link here once way back when. The Fisher Price 800# could probably help. I think they were really cheap, under $5 each, don't know how much shipping would be but between that cost and the ruffle that I didn't want, I went with the basic chair and have been very happy.

Best,
Mary

mindeva
01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm also in the market for a high chair. I wanted to get the deluxe because I like the idea of the extra trays and the wheels. Like many others, I'm not a fan of the ruffle. I found this deluxe model at kbtoys or etoys.com, but now it is sold out. I can't find it on any other sites. Anyone know the name of the pattern to make searching easier?

Here's a link:
http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/3411819/ctid/17?_e=41e2b&_v=41E2B2EEdDILaD8F9ACB97C8

mindeva
01-10-2005, 12:08 PM
With a little extra surfing I answered my own question. The patter is Smiley Bear. I still haven't not been able to find it online. Every site that carried it says they are sold out & the pattern is discontinued.

JulesinChicago
01-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi -

I'm searching for a high chair also. I just spoke with Fisher-Price customer service yesterday to find out what new 2005 models will be out shortly (the one I was eyeing - "Funny Butterfly" at Target - was discontinued and I can't find it online or at any Targets in my area).

As it turns out, the CS rep said there will be a Fisher Price Healthy Care (not deluxe) high chair coming to BRU/TRU soon in the pattern "jungle plaid." (not sure what it will look like - couldn't find it online and FP hasn't updated their online info regarding 2005 models yet) There is NO RUFFLE (yippee), but there ARE wheels/casters on the bottom (excellent). I asked about price, it will be around $70. I think I will probably get this one, as long as I don't hate the plaid.

She said some TRU/BRU stores should have them already, but that some stores don't accept new inventory in early Jan because of accounting/tax/inventory purposes.

Hope that helps!
Jules

twofallbabies
01-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I have the FPHC booster as well, and really like it and would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a booster also. The dishwasher-safe tray got lost when we moved, but that was never something I used much anyway, so I wasn't too brokenhearted about it.

Good luck, and congrats on adopting!!

Jessica, sewing, strollering, candle-loving mama in MD to
Dillon 9/18/98 & Lucas 10/24/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
26+ months

austenfan
01-11-2005, 03:31 PM
That sounds exactly what I would like too. I hope the print is decent.

Amy C-S

austenfan
01-18-2005, 04:01 PM
WHile I was at ToysRUs yesterday, I noticed they had the swing in "jungle plaid." It is nothing like I pictured! It is a light blue with gray and white strips. It is pretty understated for baby fabric. I will be looking for the new high chair.

Amy C-S

new_mommy25
01-18-2005, 05:46 PM
The Smiley Bear is a 2002 or 2003 model and you won't be able to find it anywhere except used. In fact, I think all the members on the BBB snatched up the last of the chairs a while ago :)

new_mommy25
01-18-2005, 05:48 PM
We have the FP chair in the Noah's Ark print and love it. The ruffle doesn't bother me at all, I hardly notice it.

eb1
01-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi, I got my chair a year ago and was one of the lucky ones to get the Deluxe Chair with the ruffle-free Smiley Bear pattern. The chair is loaded with features and is easy to clean. I've been very happy with it.

However, unlike a fortunate PP, the three trays do not all fit in my dishwasher. I can only fit one tray in per wash because of the layout of my dishwasher (those trays are quite big), but at least having the extras, I can use one and leave it in the sink till later and not worry about washing it before the next meal if I don't have time.

And unlike another PP, I use Jet Dry in my dishwasher and have never had the trays warp...we alternate between the "extra hot" and the "sanitize" cycles, and the Jet Dry has not caused a problem.

ett
01-18-2005, 10:53 PM
We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care High Chair in the butterfly pattern (without ruffles). We snatched it up from Target when it first came out. We are very happy with it and have not had any problems with it.