PDA

View Full Version : Basketball hoop for toddlers?

713abc
01-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for a basketball hoop for toddlers?

My DS is 19 months and loves playing with balls, kicking balls, throwing balls. I think he would love a little basektball hoop, but I'm not sure of the best place to get one or if there is any one in particular I should get. I'd like something that will grow with him for a few years, and can be indoors or outdoors.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated!

Mom to Max, 05/28/03

slknight
01-05-2005, 08:09 PM
We have the basic Little Tikes one. It looks like this:

http://www.littletikes.com/productimages/full/f_4612_L.jpg

We've been very happy with it and DS absolutely loves it. It's currently outside on our deck, but I should move it inside so we can use it in the winter.

It runs about $20. Note this is not the one with the annoying electronic sounds.

August Mom
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
We have the same one and have been happy with it. We keep it indoors most of the time and therefore have resisted filling the base with sand or water. However, that does make prone to being pulled over or knocked down. The FP Grow to Pro basketball hoop can expand 1 foot higher than this one. I was going to go with that one, but the box is so much bigger that I couldn't get it in the car without putting the back seat down and I couldn't do that with DS riding in the back of the car. So, the LT one fit in the car just fine. :)

FWIW, DS didn't care for the basketball that came with the LT hoop. He likes to play with it in the pool but not to use as a basketball. We bought a separate basketball and he enjoys using the hoop.

mommytotwo
01-09-2005, 04:08 PM
We have the FP Grow to Pro and have been very happy with it. We've only used it indoors so far, but hopefully can bring it outdoors in spring.

Tondi G
01-09-2005, 05:06 PM
I would second the reccomendation for the Fisher Price grow to pro! I researched it when we got it for DS for his 3rd birthday and this one will definetly grow with him longer than the Little Tikes one... gets taller and is sturdier.... lots of complaints of the hoop coming off the LT one when the kids got a bit bigger and could grab it! MY DS LOVES his basketball hoop!

Good luck, HTH's ya!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05