PDA

View Full Version : playpens/play yards for twins

paulak
01-08-2005, 09:45 PM
what is the best/largest playpen/play yard for twins and where do I purchase one???

dules
01-09-2005, 03:01 PM
We love the Lil Playzone from One Step Ahead or The Right Start. I don't have twins but I just added one of the extension panels to ours so DH and I can go in and play with DD.

There's another one, without sound and lights and such, that you can buy extensions for. You can get it at the same places above. We have it and I just could never get the hang of setting it up and taking it down. Other people love it though so I would not take my review as Word on this, lol.

Best,
Mary

Twin Mom
01-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Many moms of multiples use the Superyard XT that is sold at BRU and extensions if needed, but it doesn't have any fun stuff for kids to do, it is strictly to keep your kids contained (link below). Another one that was popular is by Today's Kids but you generally have to find it used as I don't think it is made anymore. Just search ebay for Today's Kids and a bunch will come up.

I have never used my Superyards as a playpen, but I do use them to block off my very wide double staircase instead of using a gate.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00004RA66/qid=1105305303/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-0949193-5855855

dules
01-09-2005, 06:56 PM
The SuperYard is the one that I have and don't like, the Lil Playzone is the one that's by Today's Kids and is avaiable but so far I've only found it at Right Start and One Step Ahead.

Best,
Mary

Twin Mom
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM
I wasn't referring to the Lil Playzone as I don't know anything about it, but some of the older 6 panel play yards by Today's Kids.