PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker?

msjd123
01-09-2005, 12:34 AM
It seems like a great item: bouncy seat, rocker/swing substitute, and toddler seat all in one for only $30. I just want to get a feel for other people's thoughts on this though. We live in a small house and are trying to get as many multi-functional items as we can.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000070IW0/ref=br_fq_ba_glbl_2//002-1347971-9641646?v=glance&s=baby&n=542470

Thanks!

Sarah :)
EDD #1 3/10/05

Judegirl
01-09-2005, 01:45 AM
We bought this when dd outgrew her bouncy seat, at about 4 months. We love it so far (she's 8 months now.) Right now, she keeps trying to get out of it, and she uses it to climb and stand, none of which can be safely done without close supervision, but we like the chair nevertheless. :)

Jude

Phoebe
01-09-2005, 02:15 AM
We have this and my son loves it - sits in it all the time. And it was very useful as an infant set. It doesn't bounce, you know that right? That didn't matter to us though.

Phoebe,
Susan 4/01
David 6/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19385.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19386.jpg

megulis
01-09-2005, 04:06 AM
We and he loved this until he could move around more. He loved being able to sit up when he wasn't able to do it on his own because he was able to look around. It also was one of the first places he would let me put him in without being upset that he wasn't in my arms; he'd also nap there. At this point, he doesn't sit in it. There is a time period where it isn't useful, but I think once he figures out how to sit in it he may use it again.

msjd123
01-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks, ladies! I don't mind that it doesn't bounce; it does vibrate and rock, so that'll be fine. Phoebe, your kids look adorable (and happy!) in the seat!

Sarah
EDD #1 3/10/05

sdjeppa
01-09-2005, 01:23 PM
We got this for DS before he was born...we still use it now, at 15 months! I really like it...there were a few months we put it away because he would try to get out, but now he is old enough to get in an out by himself.

Jenny, Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03

KrisM
01-09-2005, 04:46 PM
We got this before DS was born and at first it was way to upright for a newborn. We then got the FP Kick and Play bouncy seat. I wouldn't have given that up for anything! Now, at 8 months, he still doesn't have any interest in the rocker. He'd rather be standing and walking around the furniture. If he's sitting, he'd rather be on the floor with his toys. Maybe it'll be more useful in the future, but ours has spent its life in the basement.

writermama
01-09-2005, 06:04 PM
We have it and really like it. We also had the kick -n- play bouncer.

DD used the rocker and the bouncer until about 8 or 9 months. Though the bouncer was her favorite, it went into storage until we have another baby.

On the other hand, a little before she turned 1, she started crawling into the rocker and using it as a rocking chair. She sits in it to watch Sesame Street or read books. She also puts her dolls and stuffed animals in it and rocks them while singing lullabies -- for me it was worth it just for that cuteness alone.

-Karen

jvorhis
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Just be very careful with the product. I bought it for my MIL house and she put DD in it without the support so it was a rocking chair. Well DD thought it was really fun to rock but she fliped herself over and hit the TV. I would have never put her in it on the rocker but my MIL thought it was safe. When I called FP they said that they have had a lot of complaints about it tipping.

SpaceGal
01-24-2005, 09:13 PM
I really wanted this rocker when I first heard of it too. I liked how it can be carried into a child's toddler years. I know lots of people say oh the kid will fall out and all that but I think you just have to be careful and kids are bound to fall out of things as toddlers.

I did see the version you posted a link for (the jungle themed one). But I actually bought this model because I preferred the colors on this one better...I guess it ended out being the 2005 model...I didn't know that at the time but it's a bit better cuz the seat back is slightly more padded, I don't even think that the other one is padded. Only difference is that the newer one is a farm animal print in blue and red.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002ZOI9W/qid=1106618748/sr=1-12/ref=sr_1_12/002-4353598-3606437?v=glance&s=baby

I also noticed that the farm animal model is gong for about $30-$35 at BabiesRUs I can't remember exactly and the jungle one is slowly getting phased out but you can find it for around $20. You might want to check around to compare the two if you still want this bouncy/rocker dealie.

I got it for now but I can't say if my baby likes it yet...but hopefully he/she likes it when he/she comes. :)

Good luck!!