PDA

View Full Version : Storing the LT Activity Garden?

LucyG
01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Does it come apart at all? I got ours at a consignment sale, so I don't have the original instructions for it. It doesn't seem to come apart, but maybe I'm missing something. I'd like to put it away for a while, but the thing is large, and it won't fit through the opening to our attic, nor in any of our closets. How have you stored yours, or do you just keep it out?

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

mommytotwo
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
We bought ours about a year and a half ago and it doesn't come apart.

Luckily, our two sons play with this toy everyday. Our 2 year old is always going into "his garden" to play and our 6 month old like to turn the birds. I still can't believe how popular of a toy this has been with our sons and our friends' kids too.

JanaMc
01-09-2005, 08:27 PM
My activity garden comes apart at the birdhouse. You need to lift the birdhouse/vegetable garden out.

Jana

August Mom
01-10-2005, 08:47 AM
We left ours out and then took it to the basement. It is not designed to come apart. But, you could take it apart at the assembly points if you really had to I would guess. The PP is right that the birdhouse can be removed and the two halves of the garden can come apart. However, I'm not sure how well this can be accomplished. We used a rubber mallet to pound ours together. And, I may be misremembering, but I thought that we screwed portions together as well. Good luck. FWIW, I don't think you want to take it apart if you're planning to get it out again in a few weeks. Good luck.

pritchettzoo
01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Wow--you have a tiny attic opening. I'm getting claustrophobic just thinking about it. ;)

You could bungee it to the rafters in your garage if you're really desperate. But it's not meant to come apart. The plastic screwy things expand (like a toggle bolt or whatever) once you attach them, so I wouldn't monkey with it.

My DD is younger than yours, but she still plays with it, especially the mailbox and gate now.

If you have to leave it sitting out, it could be a stuffed animal corral.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

LucyG
01-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, it might actually fit through our attic opening, come to think of it. DD still likes her "garden," but she got a table and chairs set for Christmas, so things are getting a little crowded in our living room these days. I may move it to the den/study for a while. We are definitely keeping it, so I don't want to risk taking it apart and not being able to put it back together.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!