PDA

View Full Version : The drawers on our costco train table...

naomi01
01-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to report that the bottoms of the drawers of our costco train table keep coming out. DH thinks it is a design flaw... they are too short for the space or vice versa. No one else has complained - has anyone had a problem? As I write this he is trying to drill them in so they are secure and stop falling out. Other than that we have been quite pleased with it (although constructing the train accessories was a little torturous and one of the planes came apart).

Naomi

DS 12/02/02
DD 10/18/04

Twin Mom
01-09-2005, 10:00 PM
No problems yet and I've had it for a while now. The drawers are loaded with stuff too.

mharling
01-09-2005, 10:39 PM
We're having the same problem. :( My dh also thinks it's a design flaw and I keep telling him we did something wrong. I guess not! He said he could put a screw in each end. Let me know how your repair job goes!

Mary (Who finally has a permanent avatar; Thanks Cheryl!)
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!

naomi01
01-10-2005, 01:34 AM
In the end my husband put in screws through the sides to hold the bottom in place - it looks fine, no sharp edges. I'll let you know if there are more problems!
:-)

Thanks,

Naomi

Kimberly H
01-10-2005, 07:11 AM
No problems here (yet?) and ours are pretty stuffed but Mia doesn't pull them out often. They're mostly used for storage.

octmom
01-10-2005, 10:00 AM
No problems yet (fingers crossed), and ours has been together since mid-September or so.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."