PDA

View Full Version : Are there larger playpens than the Pack N Play?

leslieg818
01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
I've seen the great comments on the Pack N Play playpen, but curious if there are larger playpens so that my baby boy (I'm due in April) won't grow out of it so fast?

I would actually love to invent a product that could be used for a baby or a Great Dane alternating who gets the run of the house :) But barring a product that would work for both of them, I would be glad to get a good quality playpen that we can keep around for a while.

Any feedback welcome!
Leslie

s7714
01-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Do you mean out growing it as far as playing in it, or sleeping in it? My almost 2 year old still sleeps in the PNP on trips with no problem. Playing on the other hand, she NEVER ever enjoyed being in the PNP for any type of playtime.

You might want to look into the SuperYard XT. It's expandable and makes a great adjustable size playpen for little ones. Link: http://tinyurl.com/6p9t4 (It also works great for keeping them out of things--we used it around our Christmas tree this year to keep both DD and the cats out of the tree.) Not sure how well it'd work for a Great Dane though, as he might be able to easily jump over it! ;)

Search in the Baby Proofing forum and you'll probably find a lot of other mentions of the SuperYard.

HTH
Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
DC #2 EDD: 6/05

leslieg818
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Thank you so much...this is very helpful. I hadn't thought of the difference between sleeping and playing, but I guess I really want it for safe playing.

I'll check out the item you recommended and look in the other part of the forum.

Thanks!
Leslie

leslieg818
01-10-2005, 02:36 PM
It's very similar to an Ex-pen for dogs. My dane doesn't know she can jump or push through barriers (thankfully) so I think this would be good if I need to confine her when I'm around to supervise.

You've solved both my problems with this product!!
Leslie

ajmom
01-11-2005, 02:41 PM
I don't have alot of experience using the PNP as a playpen (we mostly use it for sleeping), but I did take my 1 year old (not walking) outside in it last week and he was happy as a clam. I don't really see him outgrowing it yet, and IMHO, once they start walking, a PNP is not going to make them very happy! :)