PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my Mobicam Video Monitor!

tny915
01-11-2005, 01:23 PM
The Mobicam was in the latest One Step Ahead catalog for close to $200, but I got it from AVTech Solutions for $150 plus free shipping. I ordered it on New Years Eve and it got to me in a week.

http://www.avtechsolutions.com/vtlhh.htm

It's 2.4 gigahertz and so far the only bad interference we've found is when the microwave runs, it splits the picture and make white lines jump across the screen. Not a big complaint for us considering how little we use the microwave and how much we plan on using this monitor. There's a tiny bit of static when I set it down next to my old FP Sound and Lights monitor, but since the Mobicam has sound I really don't need to turn on the FP anymore. There's an "Auto" mode that will black out the screen and then automatically turn it on when it detects a noise level that we can specify. The camera eye swivels up and down for optimal positioning and comes with wall mounts. We set our up a foot away from her crib on the wall and it's close enough that we can watch dd's face as she sleeps. I was worried the 1 1/2" screen would be way too small, but it's fine for us since all we want to see is whether she's up or out. What we gave up in screen size, we gained in the portability of the monitor. It's so convenient to be able to watch her from anywhere in the house. It runs on 4 AA batteries and comes with an AC adaptor as well. And whenever we get around to having #2, we can add another camera to the system and monitor both kids on one monitor.

I honestly don't know how we lasted so long without a video monitor. DH and I stared at dd sleeping all last night and got so excited when she'd roll over or turn on her aquarium and resettle herself. It's very addictive! And it makes me so proud to see that she's able to put herself back to sleep. If any of you have been wavering on getting a video monitor, I'd highly recommend it.

DDowning
01-11-2005, 03:47 PM
We saw this at a children's store we were at over the weekend and thought it looked really cool. The price was $199 - I'll have to let DH know of the price you find it for.

priscilla73
01-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Terri

Thanks for the review. I have been looking at this for weeks. Would you happen to use a wireless network in your home? I am afraid that the 2.4 Ghz would interfere with mine.

tny915
01-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi Priscilla,
No, I don't have a wireless network so I can't help you there. Would a 900 mHz work better for you? Costs more, but it does have a bigger screen...

http://www.avtechsolutions.com/v02090.htm

I'd actually suggest contacting AVTech and asking them. Past posts have said they've had good customer service and are pretty willing to help you find something that works. This was the whole reason I bought from them in the first place.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=6534&mesg_id=6534&listing_type=search

michaelsmom
01-24-2006, 09:35 PM
I noticed today that Costco is selling the mobicam for $129.99 including shipping & handling from their costco.com website.