PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious...

twofallbabies
01-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Which Little People sets do you have, and which ones get played with the most? I've been very surprised that my 6 yr old is liking them so much, because he never showed any interest in them when he was "the right age" for them!

We have the Zoo, the Farm, the Tractor, the Castle set (the one from Kohls with woodsman and maiden mary), the House, Playtime Pals, and the Playground. The last three are unopened, post-holidays deals I found to stash away for later. They love all of them, but my 2y/o's fave is the Farm, and my 6y/o's is the Castle. We used to have the Fun park one, with the roller coaster, but kids never played with it, so passed it along to a friend with younger kids recently.

I'd really like to get the Garage for them also. Maybe for Easter!

Jessica, sewing, strollering, candle-loving mama in MD to
Dillon 9/18/98 & Lucas 10/24/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
26+ months

ajmom
01-11-2005, 02:19 PM
We have Noah's Ark and the farm. We also have the castle one you mentioned, but it was a clearance item put away for later. My older son LOVES them both. He plays with them pretty equally, although maybe the farm more b/c he just got it for Christmas and he's had the Ark for awhile. I think he'll really like the castle, too, b/c he's into castles and knights recently (Thanks, Backyardigans!) :)

redhookmom
01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
My dd is 2 and her favorites are the farm and the house. We have the zoo which gets ignored.

jk3
01-11-2005, 05:10 PM
My DS loves the garage + Noah's Ark. He enjoys watching the cars travel down the ramp + the elevator is a big hit too. He likes the train set. He will play with the farm from time to time but it's not a favorite.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

new_mommy25
01-11-2005, 06:33 PM
We have the airport, Noah's Ark and the Fun Park. The Fun Park gets played with the most. DS gets a huge kick of sending the mini car down the ramp. Also, his Thomas trains fit perfectly on the ramp so he'll just sit and do that all day long. I want to get him the garage next because he's so in to cars.

bluej
01-11-2005, 06:46 PM
"I've been very surprised that my 6 yr old is liking them so much, because he never showed any interest in them when he was "the right age" for them!"

That's so funny! My 6 yr old is also playing with the LP sets! He has always liked the garage and currently he loves setting up the zoo. Those are the only two we have out at this time.

nwaddellr
01-12-2005, 10:19 AM
We have only two sets - the construction set and the old amusement park, but my DS loves the amusement park - he sends all of his trains and matchbox cars down the roller coaster. If you get the right matchbox car, it will even make it through the loop-de-loop!

laretce6
01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Does anyone else find it interesting that they market the Little People to such a young age range? I think we (general we) are pushing kids to be older so much faster. I vividly remember playing with my Little People until I was probably 8, and around 6 is when I really really liked them. Having said that I of course already have some stashed away for DD from the after Christmas sales and she's only five months ;-)

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

colleenfs
01-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I also remember playing with these well into 2nd grade or so. We jsut dug up some pictures of me at the same age as Julia, playing with my LP house!

Julia has the house, farm, playground, castle, Noah's Ark, bus. She plas with them all the time. I'd say her faves are the house (which she has had since last Christmas) and the castle (which she just got.)

I wish they made a school house! I know they did in the 70s when I played with them.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Jumping Bean due 7-23-05!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png

winifredzb
01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I have to second what some of the other Mom's have said. I remember playing with my Little People stuff much later than six. I have no idea at what age I stopped playing with them, but it was much later than six. We have a lot of sets and I think they do start the kids very young with them, but I think they will have a long shelf life -- the kids are only limited by their imagination! :)

LucyG
01-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I think I can top all of you. I was such a fool for Little People that I believe I asked for (and received) the LP swimming pool and LP McDonald's for Christmas when I was about 12 years old! Now, am I a LP addict or what?? :-) My parents still have all of the LP my sister and I collected, and my favorite "vintage" piece is the hospital, from around 1978. It has an operating table, wheelchair, stretcher (with velcro to keep the patient on), X-ray machine, etc. SO much fun! I can't wait for DD to start playing with all of it at my parents' house.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!