PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from Stewart Toys before?

kalebsmama
01-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I am looking for a particular Thomas item that they have at Stewart Toys. I've never heard of them before - has anyone ordered there?

Also, for those Thomas fans that have the spreadsheet. This site has pretty good prices on many things. Much is cheaper than all the other online places I researched. The only downside is the shipping isn't free until you spend $100. Of course, that isn't hard to do!! I think that the shipping is $5.95 otherwise.

Thanks!

bluej
01-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I've ordered from their site and from their ebay store before. Reasonable time on shipping. Actually, given it was during the holiday season I would say good time on shipping. I thought that they had the best prices on a lot of things.

August Mom
01-11-2005, 07:51 PM
I ordered through the Ebay store once for a Neurosmith item. The description did say the box had been opened. It did not say that the free cartridge included with the toy had been removed. When I received it, this was obviously what happened. However, the price was good, the shipping was fast and the item was otherwise in new condition.

sparkeze
01-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I've had 2 bad experiences... the first time it took forever for the package to arrive and when it did it was missing 2 out of 3 items and apparently they just cancelled them and didn't notify me. So that time I ended up paying $6 shipping for a $10 item. Then more recently I ordered a bunch of stuff and one item didn't come. I emailed 3 times before I finally got a response and the guy said the shipping department said they had opened up another item to put this item in. ??? I emailed back and said no, I didn't see it in any of the other items and had to email 3 times again and the final email said basically tough luck. So I filed a dispute with the credit card company.

So morale of the story is - if you do buy it from them use a credit card! Paypal only gives 30 days to file a claim.

kalebsmama
01-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the info! I'll definitely use a credit card if I decide to go this route!