PDA

View Full Version : What are YOUR favorite toys that your DC didn't/doesn't like?

vikivoly
01-12-2005, 01:40 AM
It's so disappointing when you buy a toy that YOU are excited about and your DC doesn't show any interest in it. There have been quite a few over the years, but my current favorite that DD doesn't care about is the My Learning Leap by Leapfrog. It's so cute. You personalize it for your child and he/she becomes the star of storytime. You even input the child's pet, siblings, etc. My Mom bought this for Christmas and she's very luke warm on it.

Another disappointment was the Mommy & Me DVD/CD set. She would rather play by herself than with me. :(

ellies mom
01-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Just about any toy I buy is like that. There is a post I think over in the Babies Lounge bemoaning the fact the baby is chewing on a shoe right next to half a billion expensive toys. DD only likes her toys when they are put away. Once she pulls them all out of the basket, she is no longer interested. I keep saying that I'm not going to buy her any more toys, but I always find some new thing that I think she just has to have. Right now, ladies, thanks to you all, it is FP Little People whatever. I'm resisting though, because I know my heart will just be broken.

ETA I think the biggest heart break is the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon. She had the best time pushing a little cart around at this science museum and then at the store. I totally obsessed about getting her a cart and fell in love with the Radio Flyer one ($70). DH gave in and got it. She does like to be pushed around in it, and will push it if I put it in the center of the room, but usually it just sits there holding her teddy bears. I think it is just too hard for her to turn right now, so there is still hope.

essnce629
01-12-2005, 03:56 AM
The one and only Christmas toy we got Conner that he has absolutely no interest in is his Aqua Doodle. This is one of the toys I "had to have" for him and luckily my mom found one at TRU early on. I thought he would love it since he loves to try and color with all the pens, pencils, and markers around the house but he will draw on everything if he gets his hand on one. So far he's colored on the computer, carpet, futon, couch, my mom's comforter, etc and I thought the Aqua Doodle would solve all our problems. But he refuses to even go near it and won't even hold the pen in his hand :(. Oh well. Maybe he'll like it when he's a little older.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 16 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

jubilee
01-12-2005, 04:18 AM
The most disappointing is that he doesn't like his Kettler... yet. Maybe because it's winter and he doesn't want to be out in the cold and wet. I'm hopeful for spring.

The Little People sets- they held his attention for a tiny bit- but now nothing.

Animal sounds puzzle from Melissa and Doug.

slknight
01-12-2005, 10:12 AM
DS doesn't like Little People either. I only bought a set or two and have put them away and decided not to buy any more right now because he has no interest.

He does like his Kettler although we don't use it very often. The air tires actually work great in the snow.

He has no interest in mega blocks or duplo either.

twofallbabies
01-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Pretty much anything I think either of my boys will like ends up being a dud. And the more money I spend on it, the less they will play with it. Namely the R/C car for Dillon and the My First Leap and Fridge Phonics for Lucas.

Oddly enough, one of their biggest faves right now is any scrap of fabric from my sewing room. Especially fleece or flannel, but anything big enough to be a cape or toga ("It's not a dress, Mom!") will do, no matter the color. Last night Lucas was running around in a diaper and socks with a piece of pink flowered fleece wrapped around him like a sarong. Forget Toys R Us, my kids want to shop at Joann Fabrics. ;)

Jessica, sewing, strollering, candle-loving mama in MD to
Dillon 9/18/98 & Lucas 10/24/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
25+ months

sumertime
01-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I bought Skwish and Winkel from Ebay and I was so excited that I actually gave both of them to him before Christmas. I stressed and stressed because the package took over 10 days in the mail to get to my house. I was convinced that it was lost. Well, DS couldn't care less. He'll grab onto them for a second, and that's it. :(

ppshah
01-13-2005, 02:03 PM
I would suggest give it time. There have been many toys that DS didn't seem interested it at first but in a few weeks he loved them! For example I bought him a barn animals puzzle- since he loves singing old McDonald and the first few days he could care less. I was dissappointed but now he loves it! He walks over and says EIEIO to let me know he want to play with it! Same thing with stacking rings, basketball hoop- the list goes on and on.