PDA

View Full Version : Meal Set

mindeva
01-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Any recommendations of places to get a cute meal set, preferrably one that includes at least a bowl and plate? I saw a cute on on babystyle, but wondered if anyone knows of any others.

new_mommy25
01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Wal-mart has a bunch. You can buy matching bowls, plates, forks and spoons.

MelissaTC
01-15-2005, 08:43 PM
I bought some things at Pottery Barn Kids. There were great kiddie cups, flatware, etc.. I think the plates are too big though. They are regular size plates.

I just purchased a set of plates today at Wal-Mart for $0.96. You get two plates per package. We bought two sets and DS thinks they are fun (he is 2.5 though and apparently everything is great).

August Mom
01-15-2005, 10:43 PM
We have a set from PBK. It was a box with 4 plates, 4 bowls and 4 cups. We bought coordinating flatware. I think these are the perfect size. Ours is an ABC pattern. I don't think that one's available now, but I did see Christmas ones in the same assortment, so I have a feeling there will be a spring line too. I really like these a lot. The solid color plates and flatware that you can buy separately at PBK are bigger. I think the flatware especially is too big for starting out.

gisele
01-16-2005, 03:18 AM
I just bought one at PBK. It has a different farm animal on each one. It has a plate, bowl with suction, spoon, fork, and cup with sippy lid. It was $19. I was going to wait for it to go on sale since it hasn't been out long, but decided to get it since it's the set I've liked the best. It's very cute, it has the animals and the sounds they make. Like on the cup is a little cow with Moo under it. There is a horse on the bowl and Munch Munch Munch all around the rim.

My son has been using some inexpensive ones by Sassy but they are getting pretty beat up so I thought he would enjoy having a cute meal set.

MelissaTC
01-16-2005, 08:44 AM
That is good to know about the plates! We thought the ones in the store were huge. DS loves the flatware but I agree, it is better for an experienced independent eater vs. a newbie.