PDA

View Full Version : 2 baby monitors in house - any problems?

Nora
01-16-2005, 02:26 PM
We use the Sony Babycall (Liv) for Olivia and want to get another monitor for this next baby. Just curious if there's a problem using 2 at the same time? Do not know what kind we'll get - maybe Angelcare or maybe the In Sight Video Monitor? Thanks!

HallsofVA
01-16-2005, 05:52 PM
We bought the Sony Babycall monitor (the rechargable one with more channels) when our cheapo-Safety 1st monitor's battery wire broke. Since we have an office set up in the basement, and we've had a lot of folks coming to the house, we occasionally set up the old monitor so that we can hear anyone at the front door. We haven't had any problems using both the old and new monitors at the same time. But the Safety 1st monitor is so basic, and the Sony monitor is more advanced, that they aren't using the same frequency at all.

My recommendation would be to go with monitors that run on different MHz. Also, though generally not the cheapest place to buy, if you purchase the second monitor from BRU and find you have interference where the model won't work for you, I hear they're pretty good about taking it back.

kalebsmama
01-16-2005, 09:26 PM
We bought the Sony Babycall (rechargable with more chanels) for DD and used it along with a Fisher Price one that we used with DS. Then the battery wire on the FP one broke and I was tired of always having to plug it in so I bought another Sony - this time the lower priced model.

Both combos work fine. I have both receivers sitting here beside each other, and the kids rooms are next to each other.

Yes, we still use a monitor for almost 3yr old DS! We have white noise in our room at night and DS won't get out of bed by himself so I need to hear him! I picture using it until he goes off to college!!

sarsah
01-17-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to accomplish or not, but we have an older Fisher Price 900 mhz monitor that we got when DS#1 was born (we lived in a different house). When we finished the basement at our new house, I wanted another monitor down there so I could be in my craft room while DS#2 was taking a nap and hear him when he woke up, etc.

I was all ready to go out and buy a new monitor with two receivers and junk the one we already had when a friend mentioned that she found a cheapo monitor at a garage sale and it worked with her current monitor. I bought a monitor just like mine on Ebay for $5 and voila, now have two receivers. We've been using this set-up for a year now with no problems at all.

Sarah.......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)