PDA

View Full Version : First Years Feeding Chair

bluhimmy
01-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Does anyone have this feeding chair from First Years?

Reclining 4 Stage Feeding Seat

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000DEW8P.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

DS willing be starting on solids soon, so I need to find a chair for feeding. Since he's not able to sit up on his own 100% yet, this looks like a good chair. I would like to hear your feedback on this.

Thanks!

aim
01-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Yup we have it (well it is an older color scheme but the same otherwise). It has been our only high chair. I bought it to use while I was watching a friends son during the day and then when I had my own baby I couldn't decide on a high chair and so I started using this and never bothered to get another. Actually, Ben just got a kinderzeat for his first b-day so we will probably start using that in a month or so. so the combo of the two I think worked out wonderfully.

Anyway, the 4 stage seat is great - reclines enough for younger kids and it is super easy to clean and doesn't take up your whole kitchen/ Love it. If you have other specific quesitons let me know

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04

alkagift
01-17-2005, 12:48 PM
We received this as a shower gift--an older version, but essentially the same. The incline is hard to adjust and it is not cushy at all, but it is portable and easy to clean. The height adjustment often "slips," it's not super solidly secure. The best thing about it is that the tray is low, so for a younger baby or a shorter one, it is great. My high chair also has a recline feature (I think many do) but when I was first moving to solids the tray was too high so I fed him in the Safety 1st, although not reclined. It is truly my humble opinion (and feel free to ignore this) but I wouldn't try to feed solids to a child who can't sit up. It really makes it terribly difficult.

All things considered, if I had to do it all over again, I would put a pillow in my regular high chair to "boost" my son (and use its recline feature if necessary) and buy a seat that folds flat for travel, as the Safety 1st one doesn't and it is bulky and hard to transport in a car full of luggage, toys, the pack-n-play, etc. Others have mentioned the Fisher-Price booster as an option...

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

betsydenny
01-17-2005, 01:17 PM
We got rid of our highchair which we loved but had no room for and bought this booster on the rec of friends who have only used it with their now 2 yr old son. They have loved the seat and so do we! To be honest, cushiness isnt really a factor to me as they are eating but that said this does have a bit of padding on the back.
WE think it is greatr and would recommend this one!

betsydenny
01-17-2005, 01:17 PM
We got rid of our highchair which we loved but had no room for and bought this booster on the rec of friends who have only used it with their now 2 yr old son. They have loved the seat and so do we! To be honest, cushiness isnt really a factor to me as they are eating but that said this does have a bit of padding on the back.
WE think it is greatr and would recommend this one!

bluhimmy
01-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I agree with you about not starting infants on solid before they can sit-up. That is my plan too. DS can sit-up with some assistance, but not 100% stable. I would like to have DS sit at the table with us when we eat, and also to get him used to the new chair before we actually start introducing solids. Since this chair has the reclining feature, I thought it would serve the purpose. I think it would be nice change for him to sit at eye-level with us, instead looking up at us from the bouncer. :)

alkagift
01-19-2005, 01:24 PM
I agree--I think that sends the message, as well, that hey, you're growing up! Kids think that it's so cool to sit up at the "big table!" Have fun and get a shower curtain for the floor!! ;-)

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

squimp
01-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Great chair - we've been using it since about 6 months. It's easy to clean, simple, doesn't take up a lot of room, and would be a good booster (without tray) for later. Never missed having a full sized high chair. We may never take the Kinderzeat out of the box!