PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat: are rosewood and teak the same color?

macassi
01-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I wanted to get a kinderzeat and was going to order from Safe Beginnings but noted that they carry a color called Rosewood. Everyone else seems to carry a color called Teak. Does anyone know if these are the same colors? My table is a light oak and I wanted to match it... I have cherry cabinets, so I don't want anything as light as natural, but I thought the cherry might be too formal.

zuzu
01-18-2005, 09:49 AM
I don't think so. When we were shopping for ours a while back someone at one of our local stores said they were changing some of the color names. I think (and please verfiy so you get the color you want) that the old teak was going to be called cherry at some point in the future and that cherry was changing its name to rosewood.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

macassi
01-19-2005, 01:45 AM
I was able to finally track down a website that showed rosewood -- and you were absolutely correct that it was really dark. I ended up ordering the cherry betting that it was the color I really wanted. If it comes out too dark, at least it'll work in my dining room (not that I won't use it in the kitchen mind you, but I'll have justification). The natural wouldn't have matched either room.

zuzu
01-19-2005, 08:54 AM
You're welcome. We got the teak too, and are happy with the color, and the chair itself!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)