PDA

View Full Version : What do you DO with stickers?

nwaddellr
01-18-2005, 01:44 PM
The post on sticker-like products got me wondering - what do you do with stickers? I mean, how do kids play with them? It sounds like something my DS would like, if I can just figure out what to do with them - can anyone fill me in? Thanks!

kaitlinsmommy
01-18-2005, 03:45 PM
DD has loved stickers for several months. We have sticker books (from Big Lots & Target), but honestly, she just likes to stick them on any piece of paper. We sit down with stickers & drawing paper and she just sticks them on randomly. At 26 months, she just started being able to peel them off herself; before that, she would point to the ones she wanted & I would hand them to her.

August Mom
01-18-2005, 06:18 PM
We generally just stick them on paper - usually construction paper, but sometimes on copy paper. DS makes his own design. Sometimes we give them to relatives and sometimes we throw them away. I had DS make a favor for his birthday party to give to each guest. I bought thematic stickers and let him put them on cardstock. Then I added a photo of DS and a message. The foam stickers from Michaels are especially a hit and he can peel off the backing by himself. (They are on sale right now for $4 a tub too!) Also, he loves sticker books. I have found that at this point, the ones he likes most are those that allow you to put stickers whereever you feel like it (unlike some that tell you certain stickers are supposed to go on a particular page or that have outlines of the shapes of the stickers you are looking for).

Also, DS likes wearing stickers on his shirt and on the top of his hand. He usually gets stickers like this as rewards (for using the potty, picking up, etc.).

zuzu
01-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Sarah just loves to peel and stick, peel and stick, peel and stick. She has some notebooks she will put them in, but really, any piece of paper or article of clothing will do. Luckily, we've been able to convince her that the cats don't like to wear stickers nearly as much as she does. ;) At this point I think it's more about the peel and stick action than the shapes and images, though she does get more excited when she sees animals or something she likes. On everyone's recommendations, I'm going to be getting some of the reusable sticker books.

PP--Thanks for the sale info on the tub of foam sticker at Michael's!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)