PDA

View Full Version : recommendation for baby monitor w/2 parent recievers?

Brookesmom
01-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Looking for a monitorwith two receivers so if I am upstairs or downstairs in another room I don't have to carry a receiver. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

indigo
01-28-2005, 11:56 PM
I guess this is kind of a late response to your query.... We started out with the Fisher Price Sounds N Light since it was highly recommended in the BB book, but it just had so much static that we ended up getting the Philips monitor - I forget which model, we just got it off eBay. (yellow and white) It has the wireless receiver with a recharging base (like a cordless phone) - so you can just carry it to wherever you are. I found that that was more practical (for us) than having two stationary receivers.

And, if you put batteries in the baby unit you can also unplug it and put it next to the baby if he/she is somewhere other than the nursery. Overall, better than than the FP, though I have read others have had issues with reception. The Philips does occasionally emit bursts of static, but I would rather have occasional bursts than constant low-pitched static.

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif
six months and counting!