PDA

View Full Version : What are your toddler's favorite outdoor play toys?

lpl47
01-18-2005, 09:02 PM
We're looking to expand our collection of outdoor play equipment since our toddler loves to be outside (and the California weather allows for outdoor play all year round). We currently have a Step2 Kangaroo Climber and a Step2 Basket ride-on. Both are great outside. What are your toddler's favorite outdoor play toys?

amp
01-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Jacob has a plastic kiddie pool, a sandbox and a plastic slide (little tykes maybe - I don't know) and he loves them all! He also just loves playing in the hose and w/ toys/balls. He loves to ride on his trike w/ the parent pushbar.

redhookmom
01-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Whatever a little playmate is playing with! My dd likes her little slide, lawnmower, and playhouse.

lisams
01-18-2005, 11:31 PM
DD enjoys her sandbox, kiddie pool and sand&water table. We also have her easel outside and I like not having to stress about the mess, I just hose it all off. Another favorite is a little plastic wagon, she's always pulling it around collecting rocks and leaves.

HTH!
Lisa

jasmine
01-19-2005, 01:22 AM
The main thing DS loves to play with is his sandbox. He also has the Tonka plastic trucks (backhoe, crane, and dump truck) which he uses to move the sand around in his sandbox. We've recently purchased the metal Tonka Tough Trucks, but we have to be more careful about leaving those out in the rain.

Other toys are a fisher-price bubble lawn mower, toy broom (to help clean up the sand), wading pool, sprinkler system. I also had a toy kitchen outside (one of the older models with no electronics) which DS and his friends played with daily. Outdoor ride-on toys DS liked are his tricycle, fisher-price roller skates, and the Little Tikes Cozy coupe. I've been considering adding a Playhouse outside as well, but our yard is almost non-existent (negative thing about living in the Bay Area, you have the great weather, but no yard :-).

MelissaTC
01-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Kettler tricycle
Little Tikes playhouse
Little Tikes slide
Step 2 Sand and Water Table
Tonka plastic trucks
Bubbles
Little Tikes Lawn Mower
Kiddie rake
Little Tikes basketball hoop

vikivoly
01-23-2005, 12:59 PM
I highly recommend the Step 2 sand & water table. I just wish we could play with it year roud too!