PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a good art smock?

momtoemma
01-19-2005, 11:30 AM
We had a finger painting session last night, and it became apparent to me right away that we need an art smock to cover our clothing when we paint. Do you have a favorite that you would recommend? I guess my requirements would be that it is is either a material that can be wiped clean easily or thrown in the washing maching and that it be long-sleeved to cover clothing well. Looking forward to hearing your suggestions! Also, do you have a favorite place to buy art supplies?

Thanks,

zuzu
01-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure if this apron might work, but we got a great deal on one from their sale page a while ago and have been happy with it:

http://www.mimithesardine.com/APRONS/aprons.html.

I've though about also getting something with sleeves for messier projects, but haven't looked into that yet.

I don't have any art supply sources, but I think there were some threads on this either here or in the Toddler forum not too long ago.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

ddmarsh
01-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I have one from www.abetterbib.com and it's been great.

August Mom
01-20-2005, 04:51 PM
At the moment, we are just using a long sleeved vinyl bib that we got at BRU I think. It velcros at the neck and has a small pocket in front. DS does all his painting at the table, so having sleeves is important to us. It is not very long, though, so it might not be the best for painting at an easel.

lisams
01-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Those are cute and I like how the sleeves are cuffed, DD won't have to constantly be pushing them up. One question, what kind of fabric/material are they made out of?

Thanks!
Lisa

ddmarsh
01-20-2005, 05:44 PM
The fabric is cotton or some type of cotton/poly blend. If you have any of their bibs (I have done a couple of co-ops with them) they are the same type of fabric as the fronts of their bibs. They also have velcro to close them and when the kids are little you can do it up the back, but when bigger they can wear them with the velcro in the front and do it themselves. I am going there in the next couple of days and could pick you one up if you like, just email me.