PDA

View Full Version : Durable CD player for toddler?

alkagift
01-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Anyone have any good experiences with a durable radio/cd player for a toddler? My son is just wailing on the Sony we bought to play CD's for his room and I'd love to get him something that could take being turned on and off in rapid succession for an hour...

The Little Tikes and Disney got wretched reviews on Amazon. There is a Fisher-Price one but I haven't seen it and there don't seem to be any reviews on Amazon unless I just missed it. Didn't there used to be something called "my first Sony"? Aaagh.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

teddy
01-19-2005, 06:24 PM
I have the Fisher Price one from Costco. It's just a CD boombox type of thing, no radio. My DD, who's 2, doesn't really move it around. It just sits on the shelf. She can open it, change the CD, and forward and reverse the songs. It's pretty durable but it does skip if she knocks it too hard obviously. My only complaint is that it EATS batteries. You can but an optional AC adapter but 1) I wanted something that DD couldn't tug on its cord and 2) there's no nearby outlet anyway near the shelf. Oh, the sound quality isn't the greatest either. But I didn't expect it to be. Overall, it's a decent CD player for a kid. I bought it in October and haven't seen them since, though.

alkagift
01-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks, I'll look at my Costco to see if there are any still there. I tend to avoid the toy aisle there!

Thanks,
Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

colleenfs
01-20-2005, 02:32 PM
We have the FP, and I find it very durable. It does eat batteries, and it does NOT come with a power cord - how annoying is that? That aside, Julia and I both like it very much.

I got it last year at BJ's for @ $35, but I think it's a "seasonal" item, so it may not be there any more. I have also seen it at TRU for closer to $50.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Jumping Bean due 7-23-05!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png