PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cameras

meshell
01-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Hello All!

I wasn't sure exactly which forum to post this to, but I'm looking for some recommendations on digital cameras. My husband and I do own one, but it's a few years old and we're looking to upgrade before our first baby is born this April.

What bugs me most about digital cameras is the delay and shutter speed. It takes FOREVER between pictures to get another shot, and I'm thinking I might miss out on a cute face or smile in the time it takes for me to take a picture! I've heard the newer models have faster shutter speeds (I saw one from FUJI that talks about 1.2 seconds). I wonder if anyone has any experience with these "faster" cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also...we have a regular film (35mm) SLR camera, so I'm not looking to spend the big bucks for a digital SLR as well.

TIA-
Michelle (first baby due 4/2/05)

calebsmama03
01-19-2005, 11:41 PM
There's been several discussions about dig cams in the lounge. Try doing a search in there and see what you find. There were lots of good links to sites that review cameras and info on shuitter lag, etc.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05

meshell
01-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks Lynne!

I didn't know exactly where this would fall under...I'll try the search and see what I can find!