PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Potato Head - choking hazard?

mamarazzo
01-20-2005, 01:08 AM
I recently gave 21-month DS a Mr. Potato Head (the Target exclusive 30-piece bucket) and he LOVES it. But looking at some of the parts, they seem particularly small to me, though the packaging says 2+ years and has no choking hazard warning. To those who have it, am I being paranoid, or do these little parts seem choke-worthy to you?

I would expect Playskool (Hasbro) to correctly label their products, but I can't help but wonder when I see a tiny plastic tongue disappearing into my toddler's mouth. I'm considering removing the smallest parts for later, but I wanted to ask around to find out if I'm just seeing things smaller than they are.

M.R.

bchafin
01-20-2005, 08:24 AM
I agree that some of the parts seem small. My son is only 9 months, but I went crazy in DisneyWorld getting all of the exclusive parts. I intend to put it away until he is old enough, but I did think some of the parts were small. Also, my friend's 2 y/o neice kept trying to put the pieces in her own ears!LOL! Something else to watch out for!
Also, I have a small Potato Head obsession thanks to Disney. I just found out in the spring Hasbro is coming out with a spud that looks like Darth Vader, they call him Darth Tater! Just an FYI!

Barb

Toba
01-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I always say that Mommy knows best. If your instinct is telling you that the pieces are too small, I would trust that more than Hasbro!! :)

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

mamarazzo
01-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh yes, I caught wind of Darth Tater, and you can be sure I'll be going after it! Don't know if DS will get a chance to play with it, though. ;)

MR

bchafin
01-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Amazon is taking pre-orders!

Barb