PDA

View Full Version : Bored toddler

jennifer1143
01-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Hello,
My little boy is 18 months old & seems to be so bored lately. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there any books with activities listed in them? He's sick of his toys, etc. Please help!

Jennifer

Drew 7/2/03

Momof3Labs
01-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Colin looooved playing with wooden puzzles at this age, shape sorters (the harder ones with many pieces), wooden trains, megablocks, Mr. Potato Head. Sounds like your DS might need some new toys that are more for the 2 year age range.

Also, try taking him to the library, Chuckie Cheese (you can go there to play for free), indoor malls with play areas. Winter is such a tough time - cabin fever all around!

ETA: Colin also started to play with floor puzzles at that age (not so much doing them, but he loved handing us the pieces and watching the puzzle come together. By 2 years, he was making progress on putting them together himself.).

kelly ann
01-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Try the Toddler Busy Book. I just checked it out of the library, but have not read it yet. It got pretty good reviews on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671317741/qid=1106234851/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-9231214-2244846?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

MelissaTC
01-20-2005, 01:11 PM
There are some great ideas on the web if you do a search. DS loves those foam cut outs and likes to decorate anything with them. I bought a bunch of them at Wal-Msrt as well as the foam magnetic photo frame. He decorated the frame and we stuck a picture of the three of us in it. He loves to look at it on the fridge.

Another big hit is Play Doh. Buy a tray, like a cafeteria tray and let him play with it on there (supervised of course!)so it doesn't go everywhere. Stickers on construction paper is another big hit. Buy a dishpan at the $1, fill it with water and bubbles and let him play in it with nesting cups or anything you have around the house. Play some music and dance with him. We do that alot around here and it is always a BIG hit!

Hope some of these ideas help!