PDA

View Full Version : Car toy organizer that sits next to child on seat???

firsttimemommy
01-20-2005, 09:56 PM
I know I have seen one of these before and I can't for the life of me find it again. My friend wants something she can set next to the car seat on the seat of the car so her toddler can get to toys/games, etc herself. Does anyone know of something like this??? It's not the kind you hang over the back of the seat in front of the child...

Thanks!
Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04
"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

laretce6
01-20-2005, 10:19 PM
We have one of these although we haven't used it yet (was a shower gift) as DD doesn't really need it. It's from Fisher-Price and is called toy-box seat protector.

I just checked and kidsurplus has it for $17.99.

http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/blu50096.html

It does go under the carseat as well, which some folks may have safety issues with, but I think it may be possible to remove the toybox part and only use that.

Hope this helps,

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

mamarazzo
01-21-2005, 12:47 AM
I recently saw a product, I think it was in the One Step Ahead print catalog, that's a set of two baskets that attach to each side of the car seat. I haven't seen it on the web site yet. I've been thinking about something like this myself (my toddler alternately tosses and begs for toys), and I'm interested to hear from anyone who's used them.

MR

lukkykatt
01-21-2005, 02:29 PM
We have something similar to that, also made by Fisher Price. Our is just the cube part (which also has a lid - I couldn't tell if the one in the picture had a lid or not). The cube has loops that velcro around your seatbelt to hold it in place - I know velcro isn't reliable in an accident, but ours is also wedged pretty tightly in between 2 carseats - you could also sew the loops closed if that would make you feel better.

The nice thing about it too is that if you are going somewhere without toys, you can just pop the cube out of the car and have some things with you.

Anyway, ours was sold at Zainy Brainy, and I have also seen them at Marshall's.

s_gosney
01-21-2005, 11:55 PM
I think I need one of these! Does anyone know if it can be reversed for a seat that's behind the passenger seat? TIA!

tigalig
01-22-2005, 10:21 PM
I just saw one at Learning Express today. It's made by Alex and it's very colorful, but really sturdy. I have the FP one and it's a little floppy...

HTH.

mamarazzo
01-23-2005, 06:14 PM
OK, I found a link to what I saw in the catalog, at another site. Just a small clip-on basket (I thought it was a set of two, but it appears to be only one) called the Side Rider from Sunshine Kids.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/thebabybungalow/siriyostbyyo.html (not the best price, I've seen it on other sites as low as $6)

http://www.familyonboard.com/media/sunshine_kids_side_rider.jpg

MR

firsttimemommy
01-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04
"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh