PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Care Deluxe High Chair

murphy1
01-23-2005, 03:20 PM
I registered for the Healthy Deluxe High Chair because it seemed to get the best reviews. I have a couple reservations though:

1. When we viewed the floor model at the store the velcro that attaches the pad to the chair was no longer working. The velcro had disconnected from the chair. I know this is a floor model that probably gets a lot of wear and tear, but I worry that this may happen over time anyways.

2. I don't care for the look of the pad and the ruffle on the Fisher Price model.

I really like the look of the Peg Perego Prima Pappa, but it doesn't seem to get good reviews. I also like the Baby Trend high chairs, but have been warned against getting a non-vinyl pad. Should I just get over the looks of the Healthy Deluxe, register for one of the above mentioned chairs, or is there a chair that I am missing?
Thanks for the advice!

kaitlinsmommy
01-24-2005, 12:43 AM
I really liked our HC Deluxe high chair but mine is an old style from Target that didn't have the ruffle & was vinyl. But yes, the velcro that's taped to the back of the chair has come off & I just re-stick it on. It's still hanging on (barely) but I assume I could get more from FP when it comes all the way off with #2.

new_mommy25
01-24-2005, 12:49 AM
The velcro came off the first time I took the cover off. It hasn't really bothered me or made too big of a difference. I run the cover and straps through the washer about once a week and everything else has held up great.

I have the Noah's Ark pattern and like it. The ruffles does not bother me. If you really don't like the ruffle you can order a replacement from FP. I also heard they are coming out with a non-ruffle version sometime this year.

ett
01-24-2005, 01:28 PM
The velcro on our high chair has also come off, but it doesn't matter to me since the pad stays on the high chair just fine.

mamarazzo
01-25-2005, 01:31 AM
I have the regular non-deluxe Healthy Care but the same issues apply. I didn't like the ruffle either and ended up just cutting it off. :)

The velcro came off our chair too, but the pad stays on fine without it. And when food gets between the pad and arm of the chair I can more easily pull it away and clean underneath.

MR

sameli
01-25-2005, 07:12 AM
We just bought the trend high chair palm tree pattern. It is not vinyl or ruffles and I love the looks of it. We noticed underneath the seat cushion there is a vinyl pad and have not figured out whether it is for use on top of cushion or not as we can't see what purpose it serves under the cushion. There was also a paper that shows where you can order a vinyl cover to use over the seat if desired. Seat is also reversible with a darker pattern on underside of cushion. I just love the chair though and will probably order the protector cover for when baby starts self feeding. For now it is so soft and cushy and we sit baby in it at the table while we eat and he can recline and have a bottle if he likes.

Mabster
01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
I don't have the deluxe either, but do have the FP chair - the velcro on the bottom part of the chair doesn't have enough room to fasten underneath the chair! I've tried tugging it as hard as I can and I can't get it to reach for the life of me. It doesn't seem to be a problem though - like a previous poster mentioned, if anything it's easier to get under the seat to wipe up the wayward cheerios.

HallsofVA
01-25-2005, 11:02 PM
I have the HC Deluxe plus Linkadoos chair, and while I'm extremely satisfied with the chair itself, I'd say save the extra money and buy the non-Deluxe version at Target without the ruffle. You can always order an additional tray or two from the FP website (they were about $3.95 when I checked previously), and the wheels on the deluxe model are more of a pain than a benefit.

I like how cleanable the FP chair is, and even the ruffle is treated so food wipes off. However, the wheels and baskets on my model drive me nuts, so I think I'd have been just as happy with the regular model and saved the extra money.