PDA

View Full Version : What tub to get for my 3 month old

baby
01-23-2005, 04:49 PM
My 3 month old is growing out of her bathtub. It's the small fold up kind. She doesnt hold her head well yet so I need a tub that will allow her to be more immersed in the water but at the same time be appropriate for her age. What are my options? I feel like I can't seem to find the right solution for bath time.

Momof3Labs
01-23-2005, 08:12 PM
We love the Eurotub - started using it at 3-4 weeks, and still use it for my VERY tall toddler. It is big, but is so versatile, that it doesn't bother me.

baby
01-24-2005, 11:53 AM
more suggestions?

jillmk
01-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Another fan of the Eurobath, here! It is definitely worth the money.

baby
01-24-2005, 01:12 PM
I hate having to bend down to the bathtub to give her a bath?
Is the euro bath too big to put on a counter top?
is it suitablle for newborns? does it hold them?

TDS1
01-24-2005, 04:49 PM
One more vote for Eurobath.

mams99
01-24-2005, 11:02 PM
My son was such a splasher and I got tired of mopping up after every bath. I didn't like the tub seats, because, really, how the heck are you supposed to get the most important parts CLEAN???

Our solution? We took baby in the tub with us! I usually liked a relaxing bath in the evenings, so my husband would get baby ready for me after I had a good soak and then I would bath him, hand him back to daddy when we were done splashing and playing, and then I would finish up with a shower to get the soap off and to wash my hair. I have long hair, so I like to wash it at night to let it air dry as much as possible. But... you don't have to wash your hair every time!

And... if I could only count the number of times I nursed while bathing with him... geez, that kid could eat!

This time, I'm skipping the baby bath altogether and just going to bring baby in with me (or with dad)!

Melissa

26 weeks today with Little Boy Blue - Big Boy is 8.5

mamarazzo
01-25-2005, 01:52 AM
We've really liked The First Years Newborn-to-Toddler tub. It's smaller than the Eurobath and we use it over our kitchen sink. The baby either reclines one direction or sits upright the other direction. It includes a newborn "hammock" sling which was great, but DS used to poop in it immediately when placed in the water, so we usually had to ditch it and start over without it. We're using the tub now with our tall toddler who is way too big for it, but he LOVES it and is currently afraid of the big tub. That's ok, my back is much happier standing at the sink anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067EH7/qid=1106634888/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl75/103-4702727-1414250?v=glance&s=baby&n=507846

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000067EH7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg