PDA

View Full Version : Broken Signing Time DVDs

Raidra
01-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Has anyone who got replacement 4-6 DVDs that were also "broken" had them replaced again? I got the replacements before Xmas, but one of them still didn't work. I know a few of you mentioned that you had the same problem. Did you manage to get the replacements replaced? I emailed Signing Time a while ago but never got a response.

Thanks!

corrie23
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Yes. my replacements were also defective. I emailed the supplier from whom I bought them "Mommy's Thinkin" and got this reply (on Jan 7th)

I'm so sorry about the problems! I just got off the phone with Signing
Time/Two Little Hands and they said that they're going to run a new
batch of DVDs (ready in about 10 days) and will send out a new set to you. The
replacement DVDs will be sent to you at the following address:

and then it lists my address. I haven't received the replacements yet, but I really hope we do soon, as our current set is even worse than our first set.

HTH.
-Corrie

westchicagomom
01-24-2005, 02:42 AM
My replacement 5 has a big scratch in it but seems to play okay at the moment. My 6 is *totally* messed up. It flickers a lot.

I e-mailed signing time once and got no response. A week later I e-mailed them again and got a "form" e-mail from the dvd press people saying "we will contact you. Please don't contact us again unless it has been 2 business days." Well I waited and got more and more irritated and fired off a pissy e-mail to both ST and the dvd press people saying I had ordered a month ago and still had only 1 dvd of the 3 that was useable. I *hate* when companies are bad at communication and told them so saying that this was not a good thing for a company that relied on word of mouth and amazon.com reviews to spur business.

I got this response from the dvd press people:
---------------
"I am sorry that I have not been in contact with you. We intended to have a blanket email sent on Monday or Tuesday to the small percentage of Signing Time customers reporting issues with the replacement DVDs. Unfortunately, the email will not be going out until today. This email will explain what we are doing on our side to ensure that you receive the highest quality replacement DVDs on the market.

We have completed 50+ hours of lab testing on the replacements that were sent out the end of December, and all test show that the DVDs were mastered and manufactured perfectly. We believe the issues that are being reported are due to the way the replacement DVDs were packaged and shipped. However, to ensure that there is not a microscopic issue on the DVDs that the testing equipment didn't pick up, we are in the process of re-authoring, re-mastering, and rerunning the DVDs. These new DVDs should be available to ship in the next 10 days.

Also, please except my apology for not getting the blanket email sent
to you within the two business days we planned. Please know that my not responding to you has nothing to do with Signing Time, and they truly do appreciate you as well as every other customer they have."
----------------------
Their explanation may explain the scratch on 5, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do w/ how messed up 6 is.

Also it was very gracious of them to try to absolve ST of any responsibility in this, but IMO, ST's communication is lacking. I would e-mail them again and I would e-mail the dvd press people too, otherwise it doesn't sound like you will get your replacements replaced.

BTW - that e-mail response was from January 12 so the 10 days should be from that point, meaning they should be ready to ship the new ones soon.