PDA

View Full Version : Baby Monitor Roll Call

Blue Ginger
01-24-2005, 11:12 AM
I have my eye on a couple of baby monitors. Actually, I've purchased The First Years Everywhere monitor (900 mhz). I haven't taken it out of the box yet, and now I'm eyeing the Safey 1st monitor that can clip on to the crib or playard (900 mhz as well). Still...don't know. Is one brand better than the other?

What monitor do you have? Like or dislike?

I prefer a monitor with rechargeable batteries.

new_mommy25
01-24-2005, 02:30 PM
We have the Sony Baby Call monitor with 27 channels. I've been really happy with it.

brittone2
01-24-2005, 10:27 PM
We also have the Sony Baby Call 27 channel monitor and have been happy with it so far. I like that it is rechargable. Of course, I bought it based on all the recommendations from mamas on here...as I pretty much do with everything baby related ;)

mamarazzo
01-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Yep, Sony BabyCall 27-channel here too. Still using it at 21 months and still happy with it. I also like that it's water resistant. We do get occasional random range-alarm beeps from interference (changing channels doesn't eliminate it) but not often enough to cause problems.

MR

steph2003
01-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Another Sony Call Baby monitor here!

WooChx
01-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Another Sony. I live in an apartment building and once in a while will pick up phone conversations. However, I can also carry it outside, down 3 flights of stairs, around the building, and about 100 yards away and stll get perfect reception. I like it alot!

kseltmann
01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
We also have the Sony. I got it from recommendations here. We love that it is rechargeable. We also have cordless phones and wireless networks and no real interference. I think it is a great monitor. We have a video one too, but we use the Sony more.
Good Luck, and just go get the Sony one already...
:)

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030924/3/4/3/-5/.png[/img][/url]

kseltmann
01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
We also have the Sony. I got it from recommendations here. We love that it is rechargeable. We also have cordless phones and wireless networks and no real interference. I think it is a great monitor. We have a video one too, but we use the Sony more.
ETA: Having some computer problems tonight...

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

kseltmann
01-31-2005, 09:22 PM
ETA: Computer problems...

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

Lenox12
01-31-2005, 09:54 PM
We also have the Sony Baby Call monitor, from recommendations here. We love it.
Ann
Mom to Emma Catherine

Blue Ginger
02-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone.....unfortunately, you cannot buy the Sony monitors in Canada :(

Emmas Mom
02-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Any chance you could order it online??

We, however, have the Phillips Ultra Compact & love it. I actually bought it off the recommendation of several people on this board. Never had any problems & I like that it's portable & I can carry it from room to room w/o having to unplug it & plug it back in. Good luck.

psophia17
02-01-2005, 11:46 AM
We are in Canada and have the plain old ordinary Fisher Price monitor, and it works well, even with two cordless and about 6 cell phones in the house. It's never picked anything up except for the baby.

I will admit we don't use it too often, usually only when DS is sick or teething, but all the times we have used it it's been great (except for that DH likes to turn up the volume so we can hear Darth Vader breathing).

HTH :)