PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE!! We need a wooden toys co-op!!

papal
01-25-2005, 08:59 AM
UPDATE:
Ok you guys, I talked to Alex and Maukilo and dropped Neve's name (heehee) and said how a lot of us mamas were interested in buying some good quality wooden toys. So she said she is going to call me back and see what kind of discount she can get us. Now, she did say that if she did 30% AND free shipping, she basically would make NO money on these toys.. so I don't think we would get anything that big.. however she does want to get the name of her website out there so maybe there is room for negotiation.
So far, the co-op will be on ALL things on the maukilo.com website (not maukilostyle). She will give a coupon code that we enter at checkout and run the co-op for a certain amount of time (say 10 days). Now, she seems like a lovely woman and I certainly don't want the code to be broadcast all over the internet and cause a dip in profits for her, so I am thinking that you can just email me when i have the code and ask me what it is, and I will email it to you. Does that sound okay? Or if it is inded OKAY with her for it to be broadcast then i will just post it here.

Also, her website does offer free shipping for anything over $69, so maybe if your order is not large enough, you can get together with another local mom and order so you can get the free shipping.. just a thought.

So excited!!!! I will let you know more when she calls me back!
So off you go.. load up your shopping carts! :)

---

I have no idea how to try and organize these things.. if they even go on sale. I know Neve has done one before but she has a lot on her plate now so I don't want to pester her with emails... if anyone has any info (Jessica?? redhookmom), please can you tell me? If we were to get a good discount like 30%, would a lot of people be interested?
I am thinking maybe some place like Maukilo or somewhere that has a wide variety of toys...
Any insights??

zuzu
01-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry, I don't have any experience organizing a co-op, but I would be interested in buying some things. If you need any help organizing it (once you learn what needs to be done ;)), I'd be happy to help, though I don't think I have the time right now to run one all on my own. I was drooling over some of those toys at Maukilo . . .

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Rashmi,

I would highly recommend Maukilo!!!! I did not get the owners name yesterday but I liked her a lot!!!!!...and I love her products (from site one the web...I have none but that arch should be here this week).

Debbie at Oopsie Daisy has offered to do us a co-op but the downside is that she has to order in bulk and thus unless we can order (For example) 4 carrots for the market then she can't justify it. It appears that Maulkilo bites the bullet and orders the 4 carrots and then you can order 1 (does that make sense???)...

I think 30% should be doable...I know Debbie offers 25% off any special orders (but again can't be the "bulk" items), so 30% should be very do able...

IF I were you I'd call the Mauliko gal tell her you are a BBBer if she doesn't know us tell her about us and then go from there...you as the organizer should get a discount in addition and that is usually offered...
They are work and you might not find the "work" to do a co-op worth the 5% or more discount, but just remember that it helps you get the co-op to begin with and that you are putting some great products in the hands of other mommies who might not beable to do this if you didn't...

Since there is not much education (like Kettlers) in wooden toys it might be pretty simple to do!!!!

Edited to clarify the term "bulk"...I know these grocery store food requires that 4 of each item be purchased from the store by the manufacturere or distributer (or atleast that is what I was told)...so while not a big order this is why few stores might beable to do this which is why I suggest someone who obviously carries them already vs not caring them but can...

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

new_mommy25
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
If there was a co-op to take place I would be very interested in ordering.

redhookmom
01-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Nancy from Heirloom Wooden Toys helped me out with my wooden toy addiction around Christmas. She placed a Kinderkram and Holtztiger order. These were not lines she normally carried but since we were able to meet the min order she simply ordered for us. (I think she has some stuff on her site now) I think the discout was 35 or 40% of retail. I am sure she would do something again. She is very friendly and organized.

I LOVE the Maukilo site and would most definitely participate!!

papal
01-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks Neve! I know how busy you are so I really appreciate your message!! You made a great point, even if there is no huge discount, it will be a good 'service' to everyone to get the word out on these amazing products... like the Kettlers (which i still have to order since the summer is coming up soon!).
Thanks girlie.. i will let you know if we do manage to come up with a co-op.
Hope to see you at the end of this month! :)

papal
01-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Jessica! I missed that Holtztiger co-op at Christmas time! I just totally spaced it.
Since you already know her and she previously gave a discount, going her route might be the easier way to go.

How did you go about organizing it?? Did everyone just ring in their orders? I hope I am not biting of more than i can chew!

jec2
01-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Go Rashmi, Go! I'd definately be interested...even in a carrot!

Rashmi, lmk if you need any help, I'll do what I can :)

jec2
01-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Wow, somehow I missed that co-op too :(

redhookmom
01-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Whoever was interested simply e-mailed her their choices. She then e-mailed back a link to an order form on her site to enter payment info. Or you could give the payment info over the phone.
This all happened right before the co-op forumn started. So I am not sure if it would fit with the new rules, which I have not read. :o
Here is her site: http://www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/

ett
01-26-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd definitely be interested if there was a wooden toys co-op.

lerlerler
01-26-2005, 01:04 AM
i'm interested!

papal
01-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks Jessica! I will give her a ring and get more details. I have not read the co-op rules too so let me go see what those are first!

brigmaman
01-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Oohh I wonder if Haba would be included! My new favorite toy brand...or Brig's. :) Rashmi you've sucked me into this forum!!!

chlobo
01-26-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm interested. Count me in. Any chance we could get wooden kitchens included?

zuzu
01-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Woo hoo! This sounds promising, Rashmi. Let me thank you now for getting things rolling, because I may not want to thank you when I get my AMEX bill . . . ;)

jennifer_r
01-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Love Maukilo! Will love to participate in co-op! Thanks for organizing it!

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif (http://gynosaur.com/bf_ribbons.php) 5 months and counting!

papal
01-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Carren, as long as it is on the Maukilo (not maukilostyle) website, it should be included.

papal
01-26-2005, 05:14 PM
lol. don't thank me yet.. i hope we can get a good discount.. then thank me. :)

papal
01-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Excellent! The more the better. Will keep everyone updated once I hear more. I am hoping that we are able to place at least 50 orders.. i am sure everyone can try one or two wooden toys. :)

Andrea S
01-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for looking into this for us. I am going to check her website.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

papal
01-26-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20561.jpg
<sigh> I want to win the wooden toys lottery!!!!

LucyG
01-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Ahhhhhh! I never should have looked at the Haba food! Heaven help me! Bring on that co-op!!

Thanks, Rashmi!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

brittone2
01-26-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm in too, particularly for some haba food items. There isn't a minimum order is there? Mine will probably be very large (may go for a kitchen, have to talk more w/ Dh) or very small (a few haba food items) but I'm definitely interested. You know I'm a fellow wooden toy junkie ;)

Thanks for coordinating this Rashmi. You are the bestest ;)

zuzu
01-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Love the pram! DH just rolled his eyes when I showed it to him on the site last night. (He didn't bother to protest, but I can hear him now . . . "But she already has one toy stroller!")

OK, fess up! I can't be the ONLY one who dreamed of wooden produce last night. . .

missym
01-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Me too! Even DH is excited about the Haba food toys, especially about the wooden Ritter Sport candy bars. He was addicted to these when we visited Germany.

Bring on the discount...thanks, Rashmi!!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03... and #2 due 9/19/05!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
We made it 22 months!

g-mama
01-27-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd definitely participate! Thanks for organizing this!

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03