PDA

View Full Version : Why Kinderzeat?

californiamom
01-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I've been doing some research on booster seats and found that a lot of people here use and love their Kinderzeat. But by looking at the pictures online, thy don't seem that sturdy, secure or safe -- I mean, DD just moves around so much while eating I am afraid she would fall from that chair.

Can anyone tell me what's so great about them and the features you like the most?

Thanks so much!

jess_g
01-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Kinderzeats have been great for my kids but they are older (9 and 5). I first bought one for my son because he was getting too big for his high chair at 3 1/2 years old and needed something that would provide some extra support. Our kitchen chairs realy are uncomfortable too so that did not help much. Once I got him one I had to get one for my then 7 year old. Its great that both kids have their own seats at the table and we have both adjusted to different heights. I guess I love ours because they provide good sturdy seats that we will use for a long time. I know they are exprensive but I think that we will be using ours for at least 10 years so the expense was worth it.

I think they are great for older kids. I don't know if a 2 year old could sit still and up enough to sit in one but if your daughter is big enough to sit in a reqular kitchen chair than a kinderzeat would not be any differnt for her to get used to.

Just my thoughts, Hopefully you will hear from someone with a younger child.

Jessica.

Momof3Labs
01-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Colin's been using his for about 9 months now. We love it!!! The best part is that this chair cannot be tipped over - Colin climbs on it, has climbed over the back of it (yikes!), and it does not budge. There is a 3-point lap belt for kids who don't know how to sit still yet.

I love the adjustability of it, too, and knowing that it will grow with Colin and fit him for a long time.

zen_bliss
01-29-2005, 08:40 PM
it's heirloom quality, beautiful, minimalist design, very strong, and we will actually have it forever, unlike all the other stuff you sell off because it's outgrown or you can't bear to look at it for another minute. i can sit in it, and i have used it as a step up to reach kitchen cabinets. DD has been using ours since about 9 months old, albeit with a tray until she was about 15 months. (if you are interested in the tray option, do a search in this forum for photos and info. it is not available from stokke.) if i had to do it all again, i would have just gone with the kinderzeat and tray from starting solids at 6 months. the IKEA pad i used is very plush and you can if you wish buy a 5 point harness for a younger babe.

californiamom
01-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the answers, ladies. I may end up with a KinderZeat or Eurochair... :-)

Vajrastorm
01-31-2005, 12:31 AM
We've had our KZ since Aine was 11 months old. The 3 point harness has been fine for us.

I really love the Kinderzeat, and Aine loves it too (she hated the highchair). I think she likes sitting in a "real" chair. It is very sturdy.