PDA

View Full Version : If you had all the money in the world... which Kettler would you buy?

papal
02-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Believe me, I have read every single archived thread. Every single ONE! And now I just want to stab myself in the back because I dream words like Brummi and FreeWheeling and am super confused.
I am hoping Leela's aunty will buy her the trike, so I want to know...
... if you had ALL the money in the world, which Kettler would you buy and what additional features would you upgrade to??
Right now I am thinking the Air Navigator is top of the line?? It can add a tandem, has air tires, it comes with a pushbar (which, from what i read is just as good as the stroller bar), not sure it can add a dump-basket-thingy at the back.. let me go back and look at my research and find that out.
ETA: It comes with the dump-basket thingy!
Anyway, sorry to re-hash for the millionth time. Please don't kill me!!!!!

jec2
02-06-2005, 11:49 AM
I kind of wish I had air tires ONLY because we live so close to the beach and trails. However, I am completely please with what we did buy--the jumbo. Since you live in a more urban area, you'd probably be quite fine without the air tires.

I also love the dump bucket feature and the fact that ours can become a tandem. I also have the pushbar, seatbelt and bell!

I considered the Navigator but since Leela will be peddling for longer than you'll be pushing, it might not be very necessary.

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
for me...

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

new_mommy25
02-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Lol, I've been dreaming Kettlers too!! I decided that air tires are a MUST for us because we live near the beach and off-road quite a bit. I need it to handle bumpy paths, grass, etc.

It kind of sucks because I really wanted the ability to add a tandem seat but I can live with that :)

I've decided that Air Jumbo is the way to go.

Wanted to add that I decided against the Navigator because I think I like the hand brake better. Plus from what I have heard most people don't have too much of a problem steering their Jumbos.

lukkykatt
02-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I got the Jumbo non-air. We have a paved driveway and sidewalks here. Anyway, I sort of purchased it w/out telling DH first. He surprised me by saying that he would have gotten the air tires (who knew??). So, anyway, Jumbo Air for us too...with the push bar.

jk3
02-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I would've bought one from the fancy shop in town since they come already assembled! We have the Combi which is no longer made + it has a bucket at the back, the seatbelt and a pushbar. I like the colors of this model: blue, green + yellow - superficial, I know! My only complaint is that this model isn't footrest compatible - that would've been a consideration! DS doesn't seem to mind. He loves his Kettler!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

papal
02-07-2005, 11:40 AM
So AIR JUMBO is the winner and wouldn't you know it... it is now being discontinued!!!! WTH??!! grr... off to find it someplace.

chlobo
02-07-2005, 02:11 PM
maybe you can get a deal b/c its being discontinued?

papal
02-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Well...
As far as I can tell, the Air Happy is the same as Air Jumbo without the dump basket.

Anyway, I called DurableToys.com and they had one Air Happy, still in box that was returned because the people who bought it said that since they have twins they wanted something with tandem capability.
So this is what I got...still not sure it was a great deal, but can't research anymore so just bit the bullet!
Kettler Air Happy w/Pushbar - $159 (discounted and given at $129)
Basket -$10
Bell - $5 (free)
Seatbelt - $16
Footrest - $16

After discounts applied, total $169 with free shipping.

I hope I will be happy!!!! It comes on Thursday, so excited!!

new_mommy25
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Sigh...and after all the freaking research it is being dicontinued????? Well I guess the dump basket is not a must but I do love it so. I'm still looking for a Kettler.