PDA

View Full Version : Thomas compatibility

cara1
02-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Just bought a new train table with 120pc train set. Company assured me it was Thomas compatible. Problem is, the larger cars (e.g., Mavis, Murdoch, aquarium cars) are too big to fit in some of the tunnels. Have others encountered this problem? I want to be informed before I complain...

lukkykatt
02-07-2005, 09:37 AM
We have some generic track that we received as a gift, along with some generic trains. You are right - the bigger trains don't fit under the tunnels. We have a bunch of Thomas tracks, tunnels, bridges etc. though, so we just tend to use that instead. I know that doesn't solve your problem, but just wanted to let you know that you are right about the tunnels. I would give a call and talk to the company about it.

jk3
02-07-2005, 09:38 AM
We had this problem with the Target Mountain set. The Thomas trains couldn't fi through the mountain. My DH fiddled with it + used some mini-blocks to adjust the height. I read somewhere (probably here but can't remember) that Thomas compatible refers to how the pieces fit on a particular surface. I'm sure someone will be able to elaborate. Let us know what happens!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jubilee
02-08-2005, 12:50 AM
I would be SO UPSET! Thank you for that warning on "compatibility". I'm not sure why I'm shocked, but I really am- what a scam!

cara1
02-08-2005, 12:49 PM
I was starting to mellow out, Julie, but now you got me PO'd again. I just had the guy on the phone yesterday, because one of the bridges was broken, and he is sending a replacement. I had e-mailed him about the compatibility problem, but neither of us mentioned it on the phone. I mean, what is he supposed to say, "I'll send you a bigger tunnel"? They obviously don't have one. And the whole thing is already set up for DS (he's been playing with it), so I'm not going to package up the whole thing and send it back...I supposed it's still a good deal with all the tracks....We already have now the clocktower bridge and that fits fine... Grrr, I may try to persuade DH to file down the tunnel roof....