PDA

View Full Version : stars on the ceiling? anyone have a planetarium projection lamp?

zen_bliss
02-07-2005, 10:58 AM
the kind that makes the room look like you are under the stars? the ones i see on eBay are starGazer, uncle milton, national geographic, and smithsonian. anybody have any comments on any of them? most of them look like they take batteries, and i'd like to use it as a bedtime lamp.

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Zen we have one and it has not been removed from box for some reason, I actually wanted it to be more a mobile enteretainemtn and thought why buy pink bears going aroudn the ceiling when I can get this... I also have one boxed up for my brownie fairie and am just to lazy to send-ughhhh

With that said and you might have noticed this -there is one that is blue in some magazine that is advertised and I did a search on it (I feel like it might have been called Star Theater or soemthing similiar. And one person (and I think there was only one review) TRASHED IT....he said the image was small, it had to be close to the wall etc.... Now who knows is expectation next to mine but I didn't buy it based on that.

I bought the national geographic ones from Target. I suspect they are made side by side with the others though and the same item...
By brother had one growing up and we liked it alot.
Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

zen_bliss
02-12-2005, 04:23 AM
thank you! hmmm. as a child i had one that was from my geeky uncle's childhood. it had a pointer and map of the constellations and i remember looking at it many times with my grandfather. i will have to ask to see if maybe someone in the family has it and whether it even still works. i imagine it would. things from the 50s were built to last!