PDA

View Full Version : Interested in a Kettler co-op? Have contacted a vendor.

eb1
02-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I've been combing through posts trying to decide on a Kettler model for my DS's upcoming first birthday. I noticed that plenty of us seem interested in buying Kettlers right now and regret having missed the co-ops that Neve generously arranged last year. (I held off because I thought there would be another one after the holidays, but I understand the previous provider of the co-ops is uncertain about offering more.)

Anyway, I've contacted another vendor to see if they were interested in giving a group discount and have had a favorable response in return.

So, that said, if you're interested in buying a Kettler and would be willing to participate in a co-op, can you please post here? I'm trying to get an idea of the level of interest, so I can go from there to working out the best terms possible. This is probably not going to be as great a discount as Neve was able to work out, but personally, at this point, I'd just be happy to get some kind of break.

Thanks,
Erin

jenj611
02-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Yes, Yes! I am absolutely interested! I would like to get the new air navigator.

LucyG
02-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes, I am interested! I cannot commit for sure at this point, but I am definitely interested in knowing more about the vendor and the type of discount they will offer. Erin, can you please post more information about the discount, time frame, etc. when you are able? Thanks!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
23 months and counting!

mommyj_2
02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
I'd be interested if the discount makes it a good deal even after shipping costs. I've been wanting to buy DS a Kettler for a while. I probably want an Air Navigator, but haven't made up my mind yet. Please keep us posted on the details.
Thanks!

vdrake71
02-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I want one so bad and so does DH.

new_mommy25
02-09-2005, 01:40 PM
YES!! I am so ready to buy a Kettler now! I really wanted to take part of Neve's co-op last November but just could not afford it.

Toba
02-09-2005, 01:48 PM
I would have loved to do it, but since I didn't think any co-ops were going to happen before Noah's birthday, I just bought him an Air Navigator with 25% off. I hope you guys have a great co-op!!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Saartje
02-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd be interested.

jec2
02-09-2005, 02:45 PM
I might be interested in a Dumbo or the other bicycle seats if the discount is decent.

DandKG
02-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I would be interested. I am looking to buy one for my son's b-day in June. Thanks for trying to organizing it!

Danielle

caheinz
02-09-2005, 05:45 PM
With a decent discount, we'd be in.

Been thinking to get Alex one for his first birthday (which is creeping up on us!).

MomToCaroline
02-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Yep, I'm interested.

jbrandy
02-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm definately interested. I want to get one before DS birthday in April. Thanks for checking this out for us!

Beth
DS 4-4-03

AvasMama
02-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Definitely! I was planning to buy one in a couple of months anyway and would love to do a co-op.

Robyn & Ava

eb1
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks everyone for your posts. I will post the details tomorrow as I'm still trying to iron out a few. At the moment, it looks like a 10% discount plus free shipping (US mainland), and the discount will only be on the HKS models plus any Kettler trike accessories that you buy at the same time. The HKS models offered by this vendor are the Happy, Air Happy, Jumbo, Navigator, and Air Navigator...no Air Jumbos.

I know this isn't a great discount, but it's at least a few bucks saved if you were already considering one of the above mentioned trikes.

Something else to be aware of is that Kettler International is apparently raising trike prices as of 2/15, so the authorized dealers will be raising their prices then as well on many of the trikes...I had this confirmed by two Kettler dealers. So if you do want to participate in this 10% off deal, you'll probably want to get your order in by the 15th...or even if you're considering a Kettler elsewhere, you might inquire if the prices there will be going up on the 15th.

Ok, so I'm sorry I couldn't do better on the discount. I do have a couple other inquiries out there, however, so if I can come up with a better deal, I'll let you know. Otherwise, full details later.

caheinz
02-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Since a previous thread mentioned some ways to get one for 20 or 25% off, I don't think 10% is going to be enough to jump for.

I might change my mind, but 25% off a raised price is probably better than 10% off the current ones (unless the price is going up an incredible amount).

I'll keep an eye to see if you can land a better deal, though. Thanks for the effort!

Christeen_Trevor
02-09-2005, 11:25 PM
I would be interested in joining the coop to get a kettler for my daughters first birthday.

floobear
02-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Yes, I would be in interested in the Kettler Co-op. I was just about to order an Air Jumbo + accessories. Thanks for doing this.

eb1
02-10-2005, 06:46 AM
I see where you're coming from. I thought that 25% off was just on special orders though? Even so, I don't see a big difference in price when you factor in shipping. Here's how I'm calculating:

I'm interested in the Air Navigator, which is currently $189.99. This price minus 10% = $171, no shipping.

If I waited till after 2/15 and the prices went up to $199.99 (the price one of the dealers indicated), but I was able to get 25% off, that would be $150. But I'd also have to pay shipping, which I'm guessing is $15-20 (?), for a final total of $165-$170. Pretty close.

I guess it comes down to how much shipping is, whether the 25% off is really available, and how much the prices are going to be raised in couple days. Don't get me wrong, if anyone can propose something better than 10% + free shipping, I'm all over it! :)

ETA: Oops! Now I remember another post about 20-25% off with a coupon from Learning Express. You're right--that is a great deal if you can get a coupon.

LucyG
02-10-2005, 08:06 AM
>Since a previous thread mentioned some ways to get one for 20
>or 25% off, I don't think 10% is going to be enough to jump
>for.

Could you please post a link to the thread detailing ways to get 25% off? Thanks!

23 months and counting!

yellowdogmom
02-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm interested! Keep us posted with the details.

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

caheinz
02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
http://tinyurl.com/4vl8d

It was the last co-op inquiry thread, but it's starting to get buried.

caheinz
02-10-2005, 12:18 PM
We have a Learning Express nearby, so we would only have to pay tax, not shipping.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get their coupons (we did get on their mailing list), so, we'll see if we can get the 25% or not. (We did get to let Alex try a Jumbo out when we stopped there, and it was clear that he would enjoy it if/when we do get him one!)

I hope you don't think I was being critical -- I just didn't want your count to be off!

I do find it interesting how variable vendors are about discounts. I doubt they're paying much different from one another...

Thanks again for working on this!

eb1
02-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Ok, since my last update (see thread above), a different vendor has agreed to give the same 10% discount PLUS free shipping. However, this vendor is offering the discount on ALL Kettler trikes (and bikes, including the Dumbo someone mentioned, and scooters) and Kettler accessories, except those items already on sale. For instance, he has four of the Air Jumbos left, but they are already on sale for $149.99 (from $179.99), so won't be subject to the discount...however, if you buy accessories, you'll get the discount on those items.

The vendor is a shop that's been in business for 50 years and I checked the Better Business Bureau record for the shop and there were no problems on record (which dates back 36 months). They have a website, which I'm not posting until I get permission from the manager. (He'd expressed concern about how this discount would be advertised, so I'm waiting to hear how he wants me to handle that.) However, if you PM me, I'll send you the shop's website address, and as soon as I have permission, I'll post the address here.

The shop will create a code to use when you check-out on the website. I will post here when I have it available, and then can provide it to you through a PM or email. This code will be valid for one month.

A few items are on backorder (the Brummi, the Navigator, and the Air Navigator), but I'm pretty sure you can put your order in now and lock in the price (in case the prices do go up 2/15 as other vendors told me). I'm double-checking on this. The shop wasn't aware of an impending price increase, but said if Kettler orders it, they will have to comply. As I mentioned before, two other dealers told me this would occur on 2/15.

Here is a pre-discount run-down of what's available:
Air Happy w/ Pushbar $159.99
Air Jumbo $149.99 (only 4 -- no discount)
Air Navigator w/ Pushbar $189.99
Jumbo $129.99
Navigator w/ Pushbar $149.99
Blossom $69.99
Junior $69.99
Brummi w/ Pushbar $109.99
Tricky w/ Pushbar $129.99
Dumbo 12" Bicycle $149.99
Pushbar $15.98
Basket $9.98
Bell $5.98
Seatbelt $15.98
Tandem seat $59.98
Safety flag $9.98
Lil-foote Rest $17.99
Deluxe Stroller Pushbar w/ backpack $54.98

There are also some Kettcars and scooters.

So 10% isn't a huge discount, but there is free shipping in addition. Sorry I couldn't do better, but I'm happy just to save a little since my DS's b-day is right around the corner.

eb1
02-10-2005, 04:34 PM
No problem -- I didn't take it as cricitism. Trust me, I wish I could have done better! :) (And really wish I'd gotten in on the previous co-ops!)

We also have a Learning Express but I've never seen any coupons (someone had posted that they don't get them through mailings but through local coupon magazines or something..?). Anyway, I live in a state with high sales tax (about 7%), so that would be a wash when it comes to a 20% vs. 10% discount, particularly with the prices going up next week..AND I'd like this trike by next month, for sure.

It sounds like LE w/ a coupon is the best deal for you though! Good luck!

new_mommy25
02-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks Erin! It's too bad I can't get a discount on the Air Jumbo but I can use it to buy all the accesories :)

mommyj_2
02-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for doing this! I'm sending you a PM. I'm almost sure I want an Air Jumbo.

chlobo
02-10-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm interested. Spring is around the corner.

LucyG
02-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Just emailed you through the boards!

23 months and counting!

annex
02-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Also interested, thanks for working so hard on this!

Anne

CBB
02-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Thank, I'm in.

eb1
02-11-2005, 07:49 AM
The store owner could not exclude one Kettler model (the Air Jumbo, which was on sale already) while creating a code, so he had to raise the price on that model to $164.99...however, the code will bring the price back down to $148.49 or so.

He only has four of these though, and I think they'll go quickly, judging on interest here.

I will have the code a little later today.